A member in the Somali Parliament says that children of a Somali mother should obtain Somali citizenship

If that’s the case then The Gay rights bill would have went through. You have no idea. This will not go through.
Don't worry dear. Eventually there will be enough pressure for the government to pass the law. Gulf Arab nations already did to accomodate their women, best believe Somalia will follow suit. Western incels like you will just have to deal 😴

Don't worry dear. Eventually there will be enough pressure for the government to pass the law. Gulf Arab nations already did to accomodate their women, best believe Somalia will follow suit. Western incels like you will just have to deal 😴
There will be no pressure. No one cares. The law is the law.

@Scipio Africanus @Angelina similar case is the khaleej esp saudi arabia. they have ethnic minorities in coastal regions but native qabiils run it. the minorities are seen as saudis and they have saudi id but the qabiils usually see them as kinda different. go to somewhere like wardheer and ask them if reer xamar and someone from the local geeljires are exactly the same. you know what answer you will get.
Which is fine since tribe and nationality are different identities. We’re talking about the Somali national identity. Highly doubt someone from Wardheer would oppose Cascad’s having Somali ID.

Also, cadcads are very integrated in Mogdishu and it’s very common to see someone that phenotype wise is ethnic but belong to the cadcad tribe due to a grandfather belonging from there. I saw people of straight up Omani/Yemeni who are not cadcad but now have Somali appearance due to the mothers and grandmothers being ethnics and those types are very much accepted and seen as parts and parcels of local life. Mixing between cadcads and Somali Bantu is also rife.

I honestly think that this extreme thinking that we’re witnessing on this forum is very black and white also a lazy lens that young Western Somali weirdo nationalists are adopting.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think naturalization was always allowed down the line wasn’t it? I have aunts with fathers from Yemen and not the cadcad types. My mom has classmates with Eritrean dads in the 70s. Those rulings weren’t that much of an issue since those types had automatic residency and also enjoyed the free perks like schooling and hospitals and systems weren’t rigid since modern concepts like passports, IDs and the like were new to the population.

Last edited:
I think naturalization was always allowed down the like wasn’t it? I have aunts with fathers from Yemen and not the cadcad types. My mom has classmates with Eritrean dads in the 70s. Those rulings weren’t that much of an issue since those types had automatic residency and also enjoyed the free perks like schooling and hospitals and systems weren’t rigid since modern concepts like passports, IDs and the like were new to the population.
That time it was at the discretion of Siad Barre. He gave Meles Zenawi, Isaias Afwerki Somali citizenship when he was in a proxy war with Ethiopia

I think naturalization was always allowed down the line wasn’t it? I have aunts with fathers from Yemen and not the cadcad types. My mom has classmates with Eritrean dads in the 70s. Those rulings weren’t that much of an issue since those types had automatic residency and also enjoyed the free perks like schooling and hospitals and systems weren’t rigid since modern concepts like passports, IDs and the like were new to the population.
No,

‘It allowed persons who had resided in the territory for seven years or those whose mothers were Somali after a two-year residency to acquire nationality through a grant.[134]

Historically, it wasn’t set in stone like many of you lot pretend. @GaradShabeel @reer @niggaibnh
@HIBAQ123

This is the law. Kids of Somali mothers only needed to stay in Somalia for two years to be citizens.

Last edited:
At least you’re consistent but stripping people of their origins based on who they marry is haram and unIslamic. It won’t fly tbh.
Citizenship in a nation isn’t bound by Islamic law but by recognition. Ina Jacelna Shuucuban, as the Quran says.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
main-qimg-609ac1139a9a08991a7ff91ae743c47b-lq.jpg

Do you want to lose this?

Trending

Latest posts