Are Somalis proud Africans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Lakes Bantus are the most racist Bantus who hate Cushites. They killed millions of Tutsis because their noses weren't sufficiently wide enough.
I am aware of the tutsi genocide in Rwanda. There were several factors which catalysed the genocide. Today, the two ethnic groups work cohesively regardless of the differences. The hutus and the tutsis still consider themselves african. We have fucking Somali claiming arabs...

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Africa is our Hoyo and you lot should show some respect.

:ufdup:

I am with you in recognizing that Somalia is located in Africa and that these people are deluded, but Somalia is sort of an island. All the way from the north in Awdal down to NFD, Somalis are separated from the rest of Africa by mountain ranges. The only point of contact we have with "black" Africa is on the Swahili Coast and that is relatively recent. Somalis are reluctant to adopt this idea of being African because most people who are African share very little with them. Africa to them is Bantu Africa from Swaziland to Senegal. It is the same reason why North Africans are not very interested in having an African identity, they might as well live on a different continent.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Spare a thought for our extinct South Cushitic cousins wiped out by the Bantu hordes ;_;

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
I only identify with somalilanders to be honest. I see a person from Somalia completely the same way as I see a Ugandan, Ethiopian or Madagascarian
This nigga.
Don't worry in 50 million years Somalis will no longer be a part of Africa. :dead:

600x600
:drakelaugh::chrisfreshhah::lolbron::russ::deadpeter::deadmanny:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
We all know only a specific tribe who destroys buildings. Other Somalis are trying to build Somalia back.

tumblr_ndc65r5sCN1tfn6k7o1_400.gif

Ethiopia is the descendent of an empire that has lasted centuries which encompasses pretty much the same borders apart from Eritrea. It holds within it so many different ethnic groups with so many different languages whilst Somalis who share a single language, ethnicity and religion cannot even hold a nation together that dates back only to the 60s.

:francis:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I am with you in recognizing that Somalia is located in Africa and that these people are deluded, but Somalia is sort of an island. All the way from the north in Awdal down to NFD, Somalis are separated from the rest of Africa by mountain ranges. The only point of contact we have with "black" Africa is on the Swahili Coast and that is relatively recent. Somalis are reluctant to adopt this idea of being African because most people who are African share very little with them. Africa to them is Bantu Africa from Swaziland to Senegal. It is the same reason why North Africans are not very interested in having an African identity, they might as well live on a different continent.

And yet they have no problem claiming Arab ancestry when they share nothing but religion with them.
:fantasia2:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

The African identity is quite literally for the north Africans first and foremost doe

It was designed with them in mind

But I get where you're coming from. The continent is diverse. And a lot of it remains homogeneous.

waraabe

Your superior
I would be proud to be Ugandan. Real people, who are not deluded by a superiority complex and do not have self hate. f*ck you for not being a proud African.

I have no self hate as I love my somaliland identity.

I have no superiority complex as I believe somaliland isn't better then anywhere else

I stated I am a proud African already

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
The African identity is quite literally for the north Africans first and foremost doe

It was designed with them in mind

But I get where you're coming from. The continent is diverse. And a lot of it remains homogeneous.

I understand the political need for Africa to be united, but a lot of people in Africa have nothing in common. You don't see people living in Asia arguing that Iranians have anything in common with Japanese, just as Somalis and Senegalese have nothing to do with one another. It would be more appropriate to have regional identities. Horn of Africa, West Africa, Great Lakes, Southern Africa etc.. instead of just a nebulous "Africa" which has very little meaning.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I understand the political need for Africa to be united, but a lot of people in Africa have nothing in common. You don't see people living in Asia arguing that Iranians have anything in common with Japanese, just as Somalis and Senegalese have nothing to do with one another. It would be more appropriate to have regional identities. Horn of Africa, West Africa, Great Lakes, Southern Africa etc.. instead of just a nebulous "Africa" which has very little meaning.

Think that's a bad comparison

It's more like how you have the middle east, South Asian, and then just East Asia.

And I don't think anybody is arguing for homogeneity of the land mass. That's ridiculous. Just that the entire region is as ancient as it gets and too statistically relevant for ancestry and migration patterns to not have a conjoined term attached.

We still have the detachments of the horn, the West, the south, the north ans central Africa and that will never change.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Think that's a bad comparison

It's more like how you have the middle east, South Asian, and then just East Asia.

And I don't think anybody is arguing for homogeneity of the land mass. That's ridiculous. Just that the entire region is as ancient as it gets and too statistically relevant for ancestry and migration patterns to not have a conjoined term attached.

We still have the detachments of the horn, the West, the south, the north ans central Africa and that will never change.

I don't understand, do you mean that the concept of Africa has a basis other than it being a landmass co-inhabited by groups of people?
I don't see how there are any relations between a Zulu and a Somali. We just happen to share a contiguous landmass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending