Half-Somalis are not Somali

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My cousin is half somali, he’s whitewashed but he barely be with his white side of his family since his mom died
I also know Half Somalis that are more conversant in Somali and culturally oriented than myself. Their parents went above and beyond to root them in their Somali culture. I also know those that's non-Somali parent speaks Somali and know the culture quite well. I wouldn't take their Somali side away from them. Just acknowledging they are also the other half.

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
I also know Half Somalis that are more conversant in Somali and culturally oriented than myself. Their parents went above and beyond to root them in their Somali culture. I also know those that's non-Somali parent speaks Somali and know the culture quite well. I wouldn't take their Somali side away from them. Just acknowledging they are also the other half.
He be with his aabo side of his family more but he doesn’t speak af somali, i got hella mixed cousins who are close to their somali side and majority of them have somali dads

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/

Itailian mixed DAJABOOTYANI​

Juke

VIP
giphy.gif

Our culture is accepting of Half-Somalis with Somali Fathers to solely identify with their Father's Ethnicity because our Ancestors were aware of the inevitability that some Somali Men will marry foreign women. Bearing in mind, in the Ye Olde days Children of Mixed Parentage across the World would usually go with their Father's identity.

This also applied to the Jewish Men who came as Slaves to Roman Italy/Europe as they were surrounded with European Women & decided to procreate with them. Hence why Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews have European ancestry on their Maternal side because their ancestors knew that Ethnic identity could only be passed on through the Father's side.
I'm sure the Nubians matrilineality played a large synergistic in role the Sudanese getting c*cked by the uber patriarchal Bedouins :mjlol:

Arkan

Reer Miyi
Imo it shouldn’t even matter to you if the person who married out is not from your clan. Leave it to them to talk about it themselves since it’s their responsibility. Some folks need to relax with the Fugazi Somalinimo and ethno nationalism

They are Somali but they are also Half Somali, if someone asked you if such and such was Somali but they were mixed, would you answer "Yes, they are Somali"? No, you would say they're half.

Doesn't take away from their Somalinimo, and stop acting like we wouldn't have an affinity towards them at the end of day they have our blood.:ufdup:

I'm sure the Nubians matrilineality played a large synergistic in role the Sudanese getting c*cked by the uber patriarchal Bedouins :mjlol:
They still cucked the Cushites of Lower Nubia and made them speak this Sudanic gibberish. :mjlol:

Target: Nubia_Medieval_Christian_Era_Kulubnarti_S
Distance: 2.1209% / 0.02120916
43.4Egypt_Late_Period
35.8Kenya_Pastoral_N
20.8Dinka

Target: Nubia_Medieval_Christian_Era_Kulubnarti_R
Distance: 2.0224% / 0.02022373
43.8Kenya_Pastoral_N
38.0Egypt_Late_Period
18.2Dinka

What is with the argument that Half-Somalis with a Somali Hooyo cannot have anything to do with their Somali side.

It is true that islamicially lineage will always come from the Father's side and that is where a person gets their abtiris from. It is haram for anyone to ascribe themselves to a lineage that they do not belong to as the Prophet (saw) forbade that.

However that does not mean a person's whole ethnicity is wiped out, Lineage and ethnicity are two different things. Look at Bilal bin Rabah (ra) as a example. His father was a Arab slave but he was still referred to as Al-Habashi. Hooyo's side is still respected even if you do not get your lineage from her.

Stop hiding your cunsuurinimo with these arguments and lets go back to the way of the Prophet (saw) and his generation. I will always have respect and love for my reer abti side, but this argument brought forward is flawed.
A half Somali with a lineage will still be treated as different. It's delusional to think that a bobblehead who can recognize their bobbleheaded kin due to their bobbleheadededness from 1000s of years of inbreeding will treat someone who looks different the same.

Are you connected to your west African family? Would you marry a west African?

A half Somali with a lineage will still be treated as different. It's delusional to think that a bobblehead who can recognize their bobbleheaded kin due to their bobbleheadededness from 1000s of years of inbreeding will treat someone who looks different the same.

Are you connected to your west African family? Would you marry a west African?
You're spot on. Being a half-somali with a somali father doesn't make them more somali than one who doesn't. They are both half-somali. Alhamdulillah this thread got recognition so in the future this argument people bring can easily be dismantled.

I grew up with just my Hooyo's side but now that i'm getting older i'm seeking to reconnect to my Fulani side. I would marry a west african muslimah if it was mean't to be but i'm actually getting married to someone from my mother's clan this summer Insha'Allah.

Arkan

Reer Miyi
You're spot on. Being a half-somali with a somali father doesn't make them more somali than one who doesn't. They are both half-somali. Alhamdulillah this thread got recognition so in the future this argument people bring can easily be dismantled.

I grew up with just my Hooyo's side but now that i'm getting older i'm seeking to reconnect to my Fulani side. I would marry a west african muslimah if it was mean't to be but i'm actually getting married to someone from my mother's clan this summer Insha'Allah.
Naive of you to think it would ever dismantle this argument when this is probably the 1000th time it’s been discussed on this forum 😂😂This argument will go on till the end of time broski and more frequently when more Half-Somalis start joining the forum.

Btw what’s your Reer apti and congratulations

Naive of you to think it would ever dismantle this argument when this is probably the 1000th time it’s been discussed on this forum 😂😂This argument will go on till the end of time broski and more frequently when more Half-Somalis start joining the forum.

Btw what’s your Reer apti and congratulations
Haha you're right bro. Our job is to convey the truth as muslims, whatever people do with that it's solely up to them.

Thank you saxib, my reer caabti are Ogaden - Mohammed Zubeyr.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

If you are real then welcome. I see you got something on you mind about this topic. Lemme tell you;

Half-somalis with somali fathers are not accepted, but they are tolerated, much more than those with somali mothers. We are a patriachal group so thats how it goes. You gotta make peace with that. There is a difference, albeit a small one. You are in the west so live your life. Don’t worry about whether you are accepted or not, only your friends and family matter. You aint gonna change strangers opinion about this subject. Best to worry about what you can.

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
Haha you're right bro. Our job is to convey the truth as muslims, whatever people do with that it's solely up to them.

Thank you saxib, my reer caabti are Ogaden - Mohammed Zubeyr.
Everything is an illusion. I am not more Somali than you, nor is anyone else. You have about 20+ years of healthy living life(Not including old age), don't waste it on this mythical identity. I do agree that being Somali is somewhat important, but it isn't more important than your life. It will only leave you clueless and always on defense. You will probably try to find out more about your reer abti and you will see a lot of people talking crap about or praising it. I would advise keeping your mind fresh from these topics. If you accept that you're Somali then no one on this Earth can object to it. This is a fight against yourself.

How are they Somali if half their genetic material comes from a non-Somali? If I mixed half a glass of milk with a half glass of piss, would you still consider it milk and gulp it down?:mjlol:
A mulatto is a mulatto sxb, let's stop this "muh Somali father" nonsense lol

Exactly! I don't acknowledge half somalis as somalis regardless on what side they got their somali genes from!

Foulani and Hawsa are our brethren. They have the same culture and faith as Somalis. 👍 👍
Similar religion and brethren, yes. There are cultural differences, no doubt.

We share similar subsistence lifestyles that, to some level, can translate to similarities in social/cultural/tradition expression, I guess.

Trending