Majors/degrees/whatever you all are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drawing of the circuits stuffed me up hard.I remember asking my teacher why the f*ck are we doing arts and crafts in science class.It might be easy if i tried it again ,but putting the voltmeter and ammeter in their correct places annoyed me back in the day.:francis:

Looool drawing was the main reason why I wanted to do architecture! I wanted to draw for a living but I couldn't justify spending lacaq on a degree like animation/ fine art.

Also your friend is crazy, architecture isn't worth it with the amount of work/study/ years you have to put in :ohlord: it takes 7 years to become a RIBA accredited architect, the starting salary straight after doing your bachelor's is a joke. And on top of that it's one of the professions most likely to suffer during recessions and economical turmoil.

Tell ha to jump ship now

That's brutal :kendrickcry:

I know :tocry:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looool drawing was the main reason why I wanted to do architecture! I wanted to draw for a living but I couldn't justify spending lacaq on a degree like animation/ fine art.

Also your friend is crazy, architecture isn't worth it with the amount of work/study/ years you have to put in :ohlord: it takes 7 years to become a RIBA accredited architect, the starting salary straight after doing your bachelor's is a joke. And on top of that it's one of the professions most likely to suffer during recessions and economical turmoil.

Tell ha to jump ship now

I know :tocry:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Architecture is a great hobby but it's a shitty career. :francis:

The degree is very versatile though. You can get well paying non architecture jobs with an architecture degree.

Architecture is a great hobby but it's a shitty career. :francis:

The degree is very versatile though. You can get well paying non architecture jobs with an architecture degree.

It really is, I'm glad I clocked last minute before actually committing. I'm just gonna pick something with a better career prospect tbh

Do you mean like going into design?

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
It really is, I'm glad I clocked last minute before actually committing. I'm just gonna pick something with a better career prospect tbh

What's the problem with it? Low pay?

I think you can get draftsman work with that degree too.

In Aus it is low paying apparently (architecturual).

I was thinking more like urban planning, construction management, real estate development or even law.

There are some good paying design jobs like industrial design but there's not that many positions open.

You can always do some design on the side while working another job and maybe it'll eventually turn into a business.

What's the problem with it? Low pay?

I think you can get draftsman work with that degree too.

In Aus it is low paying apparently (architecturual).

Low pay, long hours, ridiculous amount of studying just to gain your licence. Honestly I feel like the profession itself isn't really valued :cosbyhmm:

I earn more now in my current job, without a degree, than I would straight out of uni on a starting salary. Talk about regressing

I was thinking more like urban planning, construction management, real estate development or even law.

There are some good paying design jobs like industrial design but there's not that many positions open.

You can always do some design on the side while working another job and maybe it'll eventually turn into a business.

I completely forgot about urban planning and the construction industry
You're right it has potential to be quiet lucrative if ur into that.

But yeah I've decided to just do the design thing on the side, I've already figured out a way to monetize it now it's just a matter of expanding on it.

I completely forgot about urban planning and the construction industry
You're right it has potential to be quiet lucrative if ur into that.

But yeah I've decided to just do the design thing on the side, I've already figured out a way to monetize it now it's just a matter of expanding on it.
Good idea. I wish you luck :nvjpqts:

Just make sure you get an undergrad degree in something or else you'll have problems getting a higher salary in the future.

Is there plenty of physics involved in mech because i dropped that and done a higher level math instead.Furthermore physics isn't a prerequisite for eng in most uni's in australia.Out of 10 how important would you say physics is .

The physics is very, very elementary in ME. Everything is essentially extensions and applications of what you learn in a Physics 101 textbook along with the things you never touched on. No quantum, no E&M, no Stat Mech, and no relativity. The math is almost never more advanced than multi-variable calculus and a little bit of simple differential equations here and there, fluid dynamics being the only notorious exception which you can skip in many cases. I would say EE and ChemE are far more math and physics intensive than ME.

Despite that, ME is still also one of the best engineering degrees you can have of all the disciplines.

Dammit!:faysalwtf:
What advice do you have to a person who is about to take an engineering course? Which engineering do you think is the most worthless ?
Have you given up on becoming an engineer?:mjcry:

Mechanical and electrical/electronic engineering are the most versatile. You can work in most fields with those degrees. But my advice is to go with electrical and electronic engineering because their field is harder, demand a higher salary and there is less competition.

@dhegdheer Why don't you just get a job in Somalia? Architects are needed

as long as you don't draw any retarded buildings :ufdup:

War niyaho didn't u read anything I wrote :mugshotman: Architecture is a lousy career! I intend to be well off when I hit my thirties, I'd rather donate huge sums of money to somalia for a school or smth rather than struggling to scrape together enough funding for a shitty community building lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts