Married to a Jamaican brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
The sahabah had a really high divorce rate? Pray tell!

So rather than looking at the similarities between those you view as inferior and our community, you'd rather turn a blind eye? Whether you like it or not we have the same issues, and there is no sugar coating that.
Yes, they would remarry multiple times and there was no stigma attached to it. This idea where you MUST stay married to someone until death is... you guessed it, a Christian belief. If you can't work something out with each other then divorce is an option.

And Muslim countries in general have a quite high divorce rate too, why do you act as if its an issue specific to Somalis? Let's check Saudi Arabia: http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/744426. Over 82 cases of divorce every single day and 33,954 divorce just in 2014.

But no, Somalis are the same as Jamaicans as you say. I view myself superior to them, so what? f*ck your liberalism. I am sure you can draw comparisons between Barack Obama and fucking Hitler, but so what? What is your point?

Yes, they would remarry multiple times and there was no stigma attached to it. This idea where you MUST stay married to someone until death is... you guessed it, a Christian belief. If you can't work something out with each other then divorce is an option.

And Muslim countries in general have a quite high divorce rate too, why do you act as if its an issue specific to Somalis? Let's check Saudi Arabia: http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/744426. Over 82 cases of divorce every single day and 33,954 divorce just in 2014.

But no, Somalis are the same as Jamaicans as you say. I view myself superior to them, so what? f*ck your liberalism. I am sure you can draw comparisons between Barack Obama and fucking Hitler, but so what? What is your point?

Why do you feel the need to use foul language to get your point across?
Anyway, I think you have that slightly wrong, you're giving the impression that divorce was the way of life in the time of the Sahabah when in fact it was seen as a last and hated result and was even hated by the Messenger (SAW).

In terms of Saudi divorce rates...the population of Saudi is more than that of Somalia, secondly Somalia is one of the countries in Africa with highest divorce rates.

Your spiel about sahabahs hopping from one marriage to the next is also a prevailing notion and attitude among young somali men, in order to excuse their promiscuity and inherent fear of commitment. Divorce is fine as long as coparenting takes a priority but that notion is foreign to many somali men and women for that matter.

Also I don't think Allah views you as superior to any human being regardless of their race...but if it makes you feel important then go ahead and feel superior.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Why do you feel the need to use foul language to get your point across?
Anyway, I think you have that slightly wrong, you're giving the impression that divorce was the way of life in the time of the Sahabah when in fact it was seen as a last and hated result and was even hated by the Messenger (SAW).

In terms of Saudi divorce rates...the population of Saudi is more than that of Somalia, secondly Somalia is one of the countries in Africa with highest divorce rates.

Your spiel about sahabahs hopping from one marriage to the next is also a leading attitudes in young somali men to
excuse their promiscuity and inherent fear of commitment. Divorce is fine as long as coparenting takes a priority but that notion is foreign to many somali men and women for that matter.
Marrying another person after divorce is now being promiscuous. :drakelaugh:

I cant take you seriously. Loool. I know far more Pakistanis that are divorced than Somalis. The thing is, you self haters love to make your community look bad.

Marrying another person after divorce is now being promiscuous. :drakelaugh:

I cant take you seriously. Loool. I know far more Pakistanis that are divorced than Somalis. The thing is, you self haters love to make your community look bad.

What makes you think I am a self hater? So because you cannot conceivably have a coherent and valid discussion on issues affecting our community, you resort to name calling? Then again that is easy to do from behind a computer.

Speaking about real issues is now according to you and those of your ilk, deemed as making our community 'look bad'... and herein lies the crutch of our failings...the inability to even acknowledge the real issues facing us, which we will inevitably pass on to the next generation.

Also note how though many somali men marry out, most notably Mo Farah, it is not condemned....this culture of shunning women, whilst praising men for the same matter is just another example of Somali hypocrisy.

As it stands I am unbiased in this matter, but it is always fascinating to see how people get so riled up by this issue, as if the survival of the Somali people depends on it.

The irony of it all, is almost suffocating...and tragic as the same time.

Deciding the worth of a woman based on idiotic notions of propriety is just ridiculous.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
What makes you think I am a self hater? So because you cannot conceivably have a coherent and valid discussion on issues affecting our community, you resort to name calling? Then again that is easy to do from behind a computer.

Speaking about real issues is now according to you and those of your ilk, deemed as making our community 'look bad'... and herein lies the crutch of our failings...the inability to even acknowledge the real issues facing us, which we will inevitably pass on to the next generation.

Also note how though many somali men marry out, most notably Mo Farah, it is not condemned....this culture of shunning women, whilst praising men for the same matter is just another example of Somali hypocrisy.

As it stands I am unbiased in this matter but it is always fascinating to see how people get so riled up by this issue as if the survival of the Somali people depends on it.

The irony of it all is almost suffocating...
I don't give a crap about people marrying out, it's their lives and if their parents are down with it then they should do as they want. We're living in the West and they grew up in the same schools as everyone else, went out with everyone else, lived on the same neighborhood, culture doesn't really matter as much to Westerners.

But I simply don't fathom you people who come on this topic and after your Black culture gets insulted (rightfully so) about how 95 % of their children are born out of wedlock, or how the father ditches them as soon as their pregnant YOU come and compare Somalis to these uncivilized barbarians and say we are equal and compared these non muslim adoon to my people. How dare you compare my great people who have been muslims for over 800 years to these weed smoking savages that have this as their culture:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I don't give a crap about people marrying out, it's their lives and if their parents are down with it then they should do as they want. We're living in the West and they grew up in the same schools as everyone else, went out with everyone else, lived on the same neighborhood, culture doesn't really matter as much to Westerners.

But I simply don't fathom you people who come on this topic and after your Black culture gets insulted (rightfully so) about how 95 % of their children are born out of wedlock, or how the father ditches them as soon as their pregnant YOU come and compare Somalis to these uncivilized barbarians and say we are equal and compared these non muslim adoon to my people.

I guess you can look away But the problems are still there we are slowly becoming like the AA community absent fathers, single moms raising kids and teens turning to gangs and drugs

But I simply don't fathom you people who come on this topic and after your Black culture gets insulted (rightfully so) about how 95 % of their children are born out of wedlock, or how the father ditches them as soon as their pregnant YOU come and compare Somalis to these uncivilized barbarians and say we are equal and compared these non muslim adoon to my people.

But why does it upset you so? Apart from a few details, which I mentioned before, Black, Somali, Hispanic and other minorities share similar challenges and issues. Also are you guaranteed Jannah? How are they uncivilised? Looking at the state of Somalia these past 20 odd years, it is debatable who is the more civilised if you are going by western standards.
You assume that because I don't tarnish all black people with the same brush, that somehow my points aren't valid?

Anyway let's agree to disagree, bigotry isn't Islamic and since you proclaim your religious identity so proudly, perhaps you should
read again and see that humbleness is the key to success and not looking down on others because they happen to be different than you.

Lastly aren't we all adoons of Allah? You don't know if that Jamaican you so ardently hate will proceed you in Jannah.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I guess you can look away But the problems are still there we are slowly becoming like the AA community absent fathers, single moms raising kids and teens turning to gangs and drugs
Your talking about the lost diaspora who live in bad neighborhoods and grew up with all of this whilst she is talking about the Somali culture. There is a big difference bro.

Exactly
Your talking about the lost diaspora who live in bad neighborhoods and grew up with all of this whilst she is talking about the Somali culture. There is a big difference bro.

The lost Somalia diaspora in bad neighbourhoods? LOOOL well how about the normal Somalis in London and Europe and worldwide raising kids in single parent households? What about those children who grow up in normal neighbourhoods but still end up underachieving and turning to crime?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
But why does it upset you so? Apart from a few details, which I mentioned before, Black, Somali, Hispanic and other minorities share similar challenges and issues. Also are you guaranteed Jannah? How are they uncivilised? Looking at the state of Somalia these past 20 odd years, it is debatable who is the more civilised if you are going by western standards.
You assume that because I don't tarnish all black people with the same brush, that somehow my points aren't valid?

Anyway let's agree to disagree, bigotry isn't Islamic and since you proclaim your religious identity so proudly, perhaps you should
read again and see that humbleness is the key to success and not looking down on others because they happen to be different than you.

Lastly aren't we all adoons of Allah? You don't know if that Jamaican you so ardently hate will proceed you in Jannah.
The statistics for Islam in Jamaica estimate a total Muslim population of about 4,999 (plus one person that immigrated to Canada;Sarim Khan).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Jamaica

As far as i am concerned there are more than 20 million somali muslims. So basic maths shows that 99 % of jamaicans are going hellfire and 99 % of somalis will eventually enter jannah. We are the superior race.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Actually you can't use the bad neighbourhood argument when Somalis are some of the most isolated people in the West.

We'd see those numbers mimicked across all ethnic groups but we don't. False equivalency sxb

Mercury

VIP

you can live in a good neighbourhood and still turn out bad theres proof that shows how important fathers have in their kids life

The statistics for Islam in Jamaica estimate a total Muslim population of about 4,999 (plus one person that immigrated to Canada;Sarim Khan).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Jamaica

As far as i am concerned there are more than 20 million somali muslims. So basic maths shows that 99 % of jamaicans are going hellfire and 99 % of somalis will eventually enter jannah. Do I have to d

The unknown is only known to Allah, you can quote as many statistics as you like, but the fact still stands that you simply do not know who is going to hellfire.... Its also interesting you haven't addressed my points. Anyway I'm going to end this discussion here...there really isn't any point and I sense that soon it will descend into childish comments and name calling again.

All the best.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
you can live in a good neighbourhood and still turn out bad theres proof that shows how important fathers have in their kids life
Clearly I am talking about the vast majority and not individual cases. A kid who grew up in a good neighborhood and goes to a good school will statistically not turn out bad. I'm sure you can find upper class royal children who turn out bad but if that is your point then this discussion is redundant.

Exactly and Allah knows our community needs every household to have a strong somali man at its head to guide and instill good values in their children...a boy cannot learn what it means to be a man from his mother...My end point in this lengthy thread, was that we simply need our men to once again assume their roles of leadership and backbone of our community, rather than leave the women to shoulder the burden alone. And finally that it is no ones concern who people marry....live and let live because reality is that majority of somalis marry somalis...

Mercury

VIP
Clearly I am talking about the vast majority and not individual cases. A kid who grew up in a good neighborhood and goes to a good school will statistically not turn out bad. I'm sure you can find upper class royal children who turn out bad but if that is your point then this discussion is redundant.

So the vast majority havent had an absent father?

Who sits at coffee shops?

Chewing khat with buddies?

Im just saying many Somali fathers could step up with their parenting

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
So the vast majority havent had an absent father?

Who sits at coffee shops?

Chewing khat with buddies?

Im just saying many Somali fathers could step up with their parenting
The problem with these thugs are not because of so called "absent fathers", but it is because of the neighborhood they live, the school they go to and so on. I know plenty of great fathers with rotten children.

But no, whilst the father is out working 14 hour shifts for the family, you want to blame them. Give it a break. All the taxi drivers, bus drivers and many other hard jobs are mostly taken by Somali fathers. So much for "coffee shops". My friend who works in a great grammar school told me that around 30 % of the job applications as teachers for STEM subjects are from Somalis and 4 of the 12 science teachers are Somali. Lazy "khat chewing with buddies" Somalis are inherently stupid, eh?

Complaining about 1st generation refugees not helping their children with homework, and due to this, they sell drugs. This is insane.

Mercury

VIP
The problem with these thugs are not because of so called "absent fathers", but it is because of the neighborhood they live, the school they go to and so on. I know plenty of great fathers with rotten children.

But no, whilst the father is out working 14 hour shifts for the family, you want to blame them. Give it a break. All the taxi drivers, bus drivers and many other hard jobs are mostly taken by Somali fathers. So much for "coffee shops". My friend who works in a great grammar school told me that around 30 % of the job applications as teachers for STEM subjects are from Somalis and 4 of the 12 science teachers are Somali. Lazy "khat chewing with buddies" Somalis are inherently stupid, eh?

Complaining about 1st generation refugees not helping their children with homework, and due to this, they sell drugs. This is insane.

Why you not accepting there are fathers who failed their children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending