My cousin divorced her husband, "This is not your house."

Only a woman that has no foresight is staying with a man that says 'this is not your house'. Are you mad? Imagine working for free, birthing babies, and that man is trying to talk to you like you are a slave.
At this point, I donโ€™t recommend women to give birth and raise children in houses that donโ€™t have their name on the deed. Not worth it. These days some menโ€™s โ€™provisionโ€™ is like a carrot one dangles over a womanโ€™s head. If youโ€™re both buying a house make sure you chip in when it comes to the deposit and make sure your name is on it.

It seems some menโ€™s idea of providing is to make you birth their children, do most of the upkeep of his house but you can easily be told itโ€™s โ€˜his homeโ€™ and the underlying message is, you can leave whenever since โ€˜itโ€™s mineโ€™.

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks sis.

So we were right. He told her she was nothing in that house basically.
Good for her, I pray her next husband is a real man.
iโ€™m not gonna invalidate how she feels. If iโ€™m trying to have a discussion and someone raises my voice at me, or has an attitude id calmly tell them donโ€™t speak to me like that talk to me if your willing to be respectful otherwise i donโ€™t wanna be around you.

Personally i would just have left the argument but he said what he said prolly in the context my house my rules.

If she took that as a get out of my house due to her being disrespectful she made her choice it is what it is

iโ€™m not gonna invalidate how she feels. If iโ€™m trying to have a discussion and someone raises my voice at me, or has an attitude id calmly tell them donโ€™t speak to me like that talk to me if your willing to be respectful otherwise i donโ€™t wanna be around you.

If she took that as a get out of my house due to her being disrespectful she made her choice it is what it is

There is nothing wrong with telling someone to calm down. That's not the issue, the issue is making a woman feel like she is NOTHING in the house. That's the height of disrespect.

Not a woman's house= not a woman's marriage, and that man is not her husband.

Are you going to walk over โ€˜this is not your house!?

Yaraye

VIP

You have proven, historically during your time here, that you are a smart man. I see that you want to deliberately miss the point. :bell:

At this point, I donโ€™t recommend women to give birth and raise children in houses that donโ€™t have their name on the deed. Not worth it. These days some menโ€™s โ€™provisionโ€™ is like a carrot one dangles over a womanโ€™s head. If youโ€™re both buying a house make sure you chip in when it comes to the deposit and make sure your name is on it.

It seems some menโ€™s idea of providing is to make you birth their children, do most of the upkeep of his house but you can easily be told itโ€™s โ€˜his homeโ€™ and the underlying message is, you can leave whenever since โ€˜itโ€™s mineโ€™.

This is why the meher arguments piss me off. Women risk so much being married, and imagine some loser trying to get no meher, little meher. Some even try to get married without a gift of gold and other assets. Women need to be so careful, so they are not left broke, with no work experience, and not even meher/gold to sustain her until she finds new stability.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone to calm down. That's not the issue, the issue is making a woman feel like she is NOTHING in the house. That's the height of disrespect.
Seriously insane how he bypassed that. A man saying donโ€™t shout at me or act normal ect is normal behavior, but โ€˜This is not your houseโ€™

Wallahi thinking thatโ€™s acceptable behavior is nuts.

Sisters like I said, do not birth kids for these men unless the house is also in your name. Not worth it and if itโ€™s a rental, it isnโ€™t the doqon as house either.

Keep it a boqol

VIP
Are you going to walk over โ€˜this is not your house!?

if someone is talking to me crazy in a home under my name which iโ€™m providing for why would any normal person tolerate that?

Would you tolerate that if the roles are reversed.

Too add this is said in the heat of the argument like i said iโ€™m not invalidating how she she feels so it is what it is

This is why the meher arguments piss me off. Women risk so much being married, and imagine some loser trying to get no meher, little meher. Some even try to get married without a gift of gold and other assets. Women need to be so careful.
Mehr is nothing sis. Even 10k isnโ€™t a lot in this economy. Women should work or have some sort of side hustle and make sure their name is on the deed.

"Poor guy" kulaha

Yaraye clearly said he told her 'don't raise your voice, this is not your house'. If it's not her house, he's not her husband, simple.

If she is legally married, that is her house as well. Any properties acquired during the marriage equally belong to both of them. And if there are children like @Yaraye stated and they get divorced, the house would be given to her.

The courts actually look at who is taking care of the underage kids, and that person would live in the house while the ex-husband would provide child support. I know an Eritrean guy whose wife filed a divorce. They had a house and 2 underage boys. He bought the house before they got married, so the house wasn't given to the lady, but he had to pay child support and alimony.

That being said, the story of this family is not clear, and I would not pass judgment until we're aware of the full story behind this.

Last edited:
if someone is talking to me crazy in a home under my name which iโ€™m providing for why would any normal person tolerate that?

Too add this is said in the heat of the argument like i said iโ€™m not invalidating how she she feels so it is what it is

The statement that is in discussion is 'it's not your house'

If she is legally married, that is her house as well. Any properties acquired during the marriage equally belong to both of them. And if there are children like @Yaraye stated and they get divorced, the house would be given to her.

The courts actually look at who is taking care of underage kids, and that person would live in the house while the ex-husband would provide child support.

That being said, the story of this family is not clear, and I would not pass judgment until we're aware of the full story behind this.

Is this islamic law?

Keep it a boqol

VIP

like i said we donโ€™t know what the argument is about and heโ€™s telling her to calm down prior to him saying that, what if sheโ€™s going nuts and disrespectful or condensening and invalidating? what if he feels like heโ€™s nothing?

Mind you this is in the heat of the argument after the husband told her to be respectful we donโ€™t even know what was said prior for him to say that or details of the argument

And who is providing the upkeep of this so called home? What is she โ€˜hired helpโ€™? Youโ€™re the same men whoโ€™d expect her to pull her weight since itโ€™s her home, but when tensions are high youโ€™re quick to remember it isnโ€™t right?

That mentality alone is enough to not take a man seriously anymore.

Great, any sane women would say you can โ€˜keep your houseโ€™.

Canโ€™t have children or build a life with a man with that mentality. I donโ€™t know if this is coming from a place of childishness, but really and truly it isnโ€™t just your house. This is a home you share with your wife and kids and this house of yours is being upkeeped by your wife.

From now one such a wife shouldnโ€™t even bother to cooperate with you when it comes to โ€˜your houseโ€™.

What an insulting mentality that completely bypasses what a wife does.

Mehr is nothing sis. Even 10k isnโ€™t a lot in this economy. Women should work or have some sort of side hustle and make sure their name is on the deed.

I agree, but even those 10K mehers are better than nothing. A lot of sisters end up not working for a long time, some don't have degrees that get them a decent job, you name it. I agree, as soon as the babies can take steps, get to work ladies, and keep your coins as Allah SWT dictated it, or a good amount of it.

like i said we donโ€™t know what the argument is about and heโ€™s telling her to calm down prior to him saying that, what if sheโ€™s going nuts and disrespectful or condensening and invalidating? what if he feels like heโ€™s nothing?

Mind you this is in the heat of the argument after the husband told her to be respectful we donโ€™t even know what was said prior for him to say that or details of the argument

๐Ÿ’ฏ

Trending