Pro-Somali Djiboutians

Here's a clip of a xildhibaan from SL that was part of the negotiations with hsm and Sheikh shariif he said let's make hargeisa the capital and split the gov seats north and south..the south said no to everything. Start from 3:20 mark up to 12:30 mark.
This was interesting thank you for posting it.

The only thing I would say though is that I don't actually believe the leaders like Biixi are not actually trying to be an independent country. I believe their ploy is to have better terms to negotiate on their role in the federal Republic.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
They saw our mistake and said f that. (actually I don't know the history at all, maybe they weren't allowed but I think they saw the neglect of Somaliland.)
The French Colonists rigged the plebiscite which would determine if Djibouti would join Somalia by kicked out Somalis from Djibouti and importing Afars they also just straight up rigged the vote too. They also assassinate the Somali Nationalist leader of the independence movement, Maxamuud Xarbi (AUN) and replaced him with an Afar puppet, Cali Arif Burhaan. Afterwards by 1977 Siad Barre said he would annex Djibouti himself if the French didn't give them independence. France then agreed to give it it's independence

How can they jion 😂 when the country was ruled by one mad man who warships Karl-marx and lenin he even came out against the quraan Surah AN-NISA when he say man and women should equally get same amount of inherit 😂
Siad didn't worship Marx, he worshiped power. When someone told him Marx was Jewish he renounced Marxism privately and only kept up the charade to get more Soviet aid

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Siad didn't worship Marx, he worshiped power. When someone told him Marx was Jewish he renounced Marxism privately and only kept up the charade to get more Soviet aid

You mean to say the same nigga that said he would pray to Jesus (a Jewish man) for military aid, was disgusted at Marx being Jewish.

:mjlol:

5 star includes Djibouti region, they ditched and didn’t even rejoin during good times
Because Aptidoon political group didn't want a union with SDR that would see his clan lose whatever political significance or representation they had under France rule as with SDR the same 3 main clans would dominate the political scene and state positions.

This was interesting thank you for posting it.

The only thing I would say though is that I don't actually believe the leaders like Biixi are not actually trying to be an independent country. I believe their ploy is to have better terms to negotiate on their role in the federal Republic.
Nah bro theres no ploy. SL honestly tried to reach an agreement with them. The south wants everything for themselves and sees SL as a region no different from PL or any other region in somalia. There not willing to negotiate on anything.

Last edited:
Nah bro theres no ploy. SL honestly tried to reach an agreement with them. The south wants everything for themselves and sees SL as a region no different from PL or any other region in somalia. There not willing to negotiate on anything.
I can believe that they don't see SL in a special way they have no reason to.

At the same time, Biixi just doesn't seem to care about being an independent country Somaliland has only become more entrenched with the feds since he became president. I think the time before the London conference was the last time any SL leader actually attempted independence.

If you look beyond rhetoric at the actual organisations and fundings in SL it's being directed through the feds. He even lets the UN organisations officially intended for 'Somalia' to operate in Somaliland unhindered even Western Sahara doesn't do this and demanded separate UN mission to be established.

I can believe that they don't see SL in a special way they have no reason to.

At the same time, Biixi just doesn't seem to care about being an independent country Somaliland has only become more entrenched with the feds since he became president. I think the time before the London conference was the last time any SL leader actually attempted independence.

If you look beyond rhetoric at the actual organisations and fundings in SL it's being directed through the feds. He even lets the UN organisations officially intended for 'Somalia' to operate in Somaliland unhindered even Western Sahara doesn't do this and demanded separate UN mission to be established.

Federalism is dead and SL is the last man standing.

Sole Survivor GIF by Australian Survivor

Why is SL so soft they can't even do what Western Sahara did and remove all UN agencies until they are appointed exclusively to them? What kind of supposedly sovereign country is happy to be lumped in with another country and take money on that basis?

This all boils done to what Prof Samatar said: y'all are not going to be recognised not now and not ever and it's because you aren't serious
Shrugs GIF
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

No Money Parenting GIF by Children Ruin Everything

No Djibouti tried to join Somalia I'm 1967 but our political leader campaigning got killed in a plane crash by France and then again in 1977 however due to France expelling many ciise and importing afars they managed to get a vote to make Djibouti an independent country with permanent French bases.

This was important cause Somalia back then never allowed foriegn states to have Millitary bases in Somalia before 1991.
The French mostly expelled Isaaq and Samaroons after 1967 referendum as it saw them a threat to its presence in the that place which is why they changed the official name from French Somaliland Côte française des Somalis to French Territory of the Afars and Isssas Territoire français des Afars et des Issas to show that the land belongs to those 2 people only.

Before the independence Gouled Aptidoon had entered an agreement with the major Afar political movement headed by Ahmed Dini to share the country's power together after the independence and it was Aptidoon who also persuaded the anti colonial rebel group leaders FLCS which was backed and funded by Kacaan regime to abandon the idea of uniting with Somalia.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
The French mostly expelled Isaaq and Samaroons after 1967 referendum as it saw them a threat to its presence in the that place which is why they changed the official name from French Somaliland Côte française des Somalis to French Territory of the Afars and Isssas Territoire français des Afars et des Issas to show that the land belongs to those 2 people only.

Before the independence Gouled Aptidoon had entered an agreement with the major Afar political movement headed by Ahmed Dini to share the country's power together after the independence and it was Aptidoon who also persuaded the anti colonial rebel group leaders FLCS which was backed and funded by Kacaan regime to abandon the idea of uniting with Somalia.
The French didn't care about isaaqs and samaroons. You had some pretense but you never had that much influence especially compared to Ciise.

They changed the name to afar and ciise instead of French somaliland because of the rise of Somali nationalism in Djibouti so they tried naming us by clan instead. In 1967 we tried voting to join Somalia but was put down. In 1977 we got independence but had to keep French bases. The reason we wasn't allowed to join Somalia was because back then Somalia didn't allow foriegners to have Millitary bases so if Djibouti joined the French would be forced to leave.

Don't lie about history that's in living memory of my family lol landers are so tapped with their historical revisionism.

The biggest reason we didn't join Somalia after the French issue, was because Aptidon was a hard-core anti communist, and siad barre was a commie so obviously to the two didn't get along.

The French didn't care about isaaqs and samaroons. You had some pretense but you never had that much influence especially compared to Ciise.

They changed the name to afar and ciise instead of French somaliland because of the rise of Somali nationalism in Djibouti so they tried naming us by clan instead. In 1967 we tried voting to join Somalia but was put down. In 1977 we got independence but had to keep French bases. The reason we wasn't allowed to join Somalia was because back then Somalia didn't allow foriegners to have Millitary bases so if Djibouti joined the French would be forced to leave.

Don't lie about history that's in living memory of my family lol landers are so tapped with their historical revisionism.

The biggest reason we didn't join Somalia after the French issue, was because Aptidon was a hard-core anti communist, and siad barre was a commie so obviously to the two didn't get along.
Bro you don't know your so called country's history. Isaaqs and Samroons who arrived since the foundation of Djibouti city by the French were ardent Somali nationalists like the Ciise community by expelling majority of them the French thought they could please the Ciise by changing the name of the territory and for your information the territory was integral part of France under the 5th republic system set up by Charles de Gaulle which is how Gouled Aptidoon served as French Senator representing the territory for several years and people even got the chance to vote in presidential elections

You have a really skewed understanding of Djiboutian history.

Were there Isaaqs in FLCS?

There were many Samaroon apart of it like Cumar Kahin Caynaashe, Aden Sheekh Nuuriye, Xaashi Afweyne, Cumar Chardi Bouni, Cumar Cismaan Raabi, etc

Trending