Somali natives in Tuuli Guuled defeat Oromo regional police invaders

Garaad diinle

 
Doesn’t say anything indicating but I also don’t speak or read Somali.

regardless of this all, whenever there is a Oromo vs Somali issue in this area between jijigga and hararge, it’s usually Jarso and Geri.

Geri are a Somali clan. Jarso are Dir as per Somalis. So it doesn’t make sense why you claim they’re Oromo when the 2 clans fight.

As a people, you need to figure whether Jarso are Somali or Oromo. We know they’re Oromo but many would fight saying they’re Somali(Dir) in origin.

Stop these fabricated headlines to make it seem bigger than it is. 2 small sub clans fighting each other.
Well i'm glad you'r neither defend the violence nor indorsing it. The very least one can do as a muslim is to condemn them. These border clashes are also inflamed by some politician aside from people.

In regard to tuuli guuled the clashes are mainly perceived as oromoiya administration and not oromos in this very case. According to the somali head of border security the clashes in tuuli guuled is because of a unilateral decision of the side of oromiya administration to build a dam without consulting the local somali geri on the border of the somali region meaning they're forcing their way into building the dam.

Last edited:

regardless of this all, whenever there is a Oromo vs Somali issue in this area between jijigga and hararge, it’s usually Jarso and Geri.

Geri are a Somali clan facts, Jarso are claim as for amongst Somalis. So it doesn’t make sense why you claim they’re Oromo when the 2 clans fight.

As a people, you need to figure whether Jarso are Somali or Oromo. We know they’re Oromo but many would fight saying they’re Somali in origin.

Stop these fabricated headlines to make it seem bigger than it is. 2 small sub clans fighting each other.
What’s happening in Moyale? There hasn’t been a clash since 2018. Erer is mainly Gurgura from what I know which is another Oromo speak Somali clan. Tell me where we have actual Oromos fighting Somalis.

and the list of places haven’t had clashes since 2018. We are talking about today, 2023
The Somali official Cagjar sacked was highlighting border areas where there has been conflict and the potential for further conflict. The Erer he is talking about is the province, not the Shinille Woreda. Erer is primarily inhabited by Ogaden and Gugundhabe Hawiye where intra-Somali clashes have occurred. There have also been border clashes there but it it is also not a clear case of Oromo v Somali as the neighbouring Babile Afran Qallos are of Somali origin. Any conflict that takes place in Erer Woreda of Shinille is between Ciise and Gurgura, these Gurguras are not like the Kundhuble Gurgura you Nooles intermarry with as they are monolingual Somali speakers.

The border areas of Afdher and Liban are also complex. There are intra-Somali conflicts but the beef between Arsi and Gurre, Garre and Boran could go hot again as no firm peace has been reached.

Well i'm glad you'r neither defend the violence nor indorsing it. The very least one can do as a muslim is to condemn them. These border clashes are also inflamed by some politician aside from people.

In regard to tuuli guuled the clashes are mainly preserved as oromoiya administration and not oromos in this very case. According to the somali head of border security the clashes in tuuli guuled is because of a unilateral decision of the side of oromiya administration to build a dam without consulting the local somali geri on the border of the somali region meaning they're forcing their way into building the dam.
Why would I side with it, no one should be at war this time of age. Its 2023 and people are doing amazing things while we have our people back home still backwards fighting for land etc.

The Oromia regional party is shit, we don’t care for them either. If they are pushing into Somali lands without permission and not obeying then they are at fault.

So why are the Jarso getting attacked for this if it’s Oromia regional office? And why are people trying to make it a Oromo vs Somali issue. I’m just learning of it via social media etc.

Garaad diinle

 
So why are the Jarso getting attacked for this if it’s Oromia regional office? And why are people trying to make it a Oromo vs Somali issue. I’m just learning of it via social media etc.
Probably a combination of old graveness and modern day clashes but these responsible are the ones to blame and condemn. It might even be administration inflaming conflict.

Last edited:
Somalis dominate the rural area and make up 60% of the city population.
Majority of the villages in Dir Dhaba are Somali, however since becoming a chartered city it has given ways for foreigners from Gondar & Guji to pour into the city and change its demographics like #Harar

View attachment 249317

The so called 'Oromo'-Somali conflict in Dire Dawa a few years ago was actually Gurgura v Ciise. A lot of the Gurgura in Dire Dawa are counted as Oromo in Dire Dawa because they speak Oromo. Apart from the Ciise area, most of Dire Dawa falls in their traditional clan territory and it is not a clear case of AQ Oromos being unwelcome migrants to the city as AQ and Gurgura are closely related through intermarriage and cohabitation in Eastern Hararghe. For instance, in traditional AQ East Hararghe territory, you will find Gurgura settlements.

Dire Dawa issue is not an ethnic one necessarily. After the 77 war, urban Somalis from a variety of non-native clan backgrounds fled for their lives and Ethiopians of diverse origins were settled in the city due to its federal importance. What has not changed is that the rural areas of Dire Dawa is overwhelmingly Somali. Nonetheless, like Addis, it is not feasible for Somalis to request Dire Dawa be transferred to Kilil 5 because of if it's charter status, strategic relevance, and the general anti-Somali bias of the Federal government. We are not seen as fully invested in Ethiopia as other ethnicities.

Abaq

VIP
Lemme Megersa (or whatever his name is), the former president of Oromia said a few years ago the Oromo want to secure 4 borders by invading DDS: the Moyale border (which they achieved), the Doolow border (they are on the way after seizing Gurradhaamoole in Liban), the Somaliland border (by seizing Jigjigga and nearby areas which they are starting now by building settlements near the city), and the Jabuuti border (by first taking complete control of Diridhabe and then expanding). It seems their programme has federal backing in Addis as well with the obvious involvement of Ethio government troops and the fact that the spineless Cagjar is preventing Liyuu Police from taking part.

If this continues, DDS will end up losing huge tracks of land in addition to the land already lost (half of Sitti is already gone, Moyaale is gone, a large chunk of Liibaan is gone, and they are taking more of Faafan). Cagjar will go down in history as the worst DDS president may he be cursed.

Geri are a Somali clan. Jarso are Dir as per Somalis. So it doesn’t make sense why you claim they’re Oromo when the 2 clans fight.

As a people, you need to figure whether Jarso are Somali or Oromo. We know they’re Oromo but many would fight saying they’re Somali(Dir) in origin.

People from clans who are related to Geri Koombe tend to exaggerate and brand Jaarso as Oromo to gain the upper hand in online misinformation. Also, to get unsuspecting Somali peope to get on board with the Anti-Oromo propaganda.

Aggressor or not, it doesn't even matter to them.

I'm Gadabursi, so when this conflict happens every once in a while, the first people who are affected are us and our area in the Somali Region, which is a safezone for fleeing IDPs from both clans who are allowed to settle in Awbare Refugee camps.

We're also called to resolve the conflict and mediate through Somali Xeer (Law) along with other Dir. That wouldn't be the case if Jaarso were Oromo.

Last edited:
It doesn’t really matter if there’s an Absame conspiracy between Geri and Ogaden or whatever, jarso could solve this by declaring that they are somali, the fact that they do not is tantamount to saying that they are Oromo

GemState

36/21
VIP
People from clans who are related to Geri Koombe tend to exaggerate and brand Jaarso as Oromo to gain the upper hand in online misinformation. Also, to get unsuspecting Somali peope to get on board with the Anti-Oromo propaganda.

I'm Gadabursi, so when this conflict happens every once in a while, the first people who are affected are us and our area in the Somali Region, which is a safezone for fleeing IDPs from both clans who are allowed to settle in Awbare Refugee camps.

We're also called to resolve the conflict and mediate through Somali Xeer (Law) along with other Dir. That wouldn't be the case if Jaarso were Oromo.
Do Jaarso get military support from Oromia? If yes, Cagjar should arm the Geri Koombe too.

Do Jaarso get military support from Oromia? If yes, Cagjar should arm the Geri Koombe too.
No, they don't. The images circulating are old images from conflicts the Oromo Liyu had elsewhere being shared by Faysal Roble, a known propagandist.

Even if they were, Cagjar can't make those calls. He needs a green light from Abiy and the Oromia regional President is favoured by Abiy since he used to be buddy-buddy with him as his former Chief of staff so you wouldn't see that happening.

Historically, we've been living with each other for at least hundreds of years, and they won't be going anywhere. We've also had disagrements, which in turn has led to confrontations in the past. However, the last 20 years and in particular 10 years has been something else. Jarso has always had both identities, often claiming both Somali and Oromo, and we've had no problems with them.

The real problems started as they started cosying up with the oromia region, and Jinacsani subsequently choose to leave the somali region in 2004, while Tuli guleed choose to remain. For reference Jinacsani has a majority Jarso and significant Geri minority. And Tuli Guleed, a majority Geri and small Jarso community.

My relatives, ended in limbo as we lived in both deegmo and would result in splitting families between two regions. This got heated and to my understanding, the handing over was halted/frozen. As time went on, especially during president Abdi Iley, he put hard restrictions on them as he feared Somali land was being taken by oromos. In particular due to their identities. Which led up to the events that started the clashes between Geri and Jarso 10ish years ago, as a result of Liyuu police handling them and taking it upon us.

So when Abdi Iley was removed, Jinacsani was handed over fully to Oromia. As evident, Oromos, in particular their leaders, has always had aspirations to expand their territories, mainly into DDS, which at this point is no secret...

So as a result of their grievances, most of them fully dropped their Somali identity and started going by Oromo only. Much of this is clear to us as we live with them, which to outsiders just sees as 2 Somali clans. Heck, there's many footages online corroborates this. Even their elders, has stopped using titles like Ughaaz and Garaad to use Oromo ones.

Anyhow, now that Oromia is in the picture and Jarso wanting Oromo regions, they (from Jinacsani) started attacking us in Tuli Guleed, together with the local Jarso living there. With the aim to fully take over Tuli Guleed. Oromia is not even hiding it, their map shows their border, right in front of your land (Samaroon teterritory) next to SL. Which is what the fighting has been about especially post-Abdi Iley. To make claim on these land (by sinister "oromo deep state") and plan for the complete takeover.

The back and forth fighting has been about this since. Us protecting ourselves. Cagjar gives jack shit, since he's an Oromo stooges, ordered not to do anything. The same reason our fellow Sitti Somalis and Southern Somalis are abandoned to Afars respective Oromos backed state force. Now that Afars are done fighting Tigres and have heavy weapons. But this is something for another time.

The problem with the fighting is that Jarso are now using heavy weapons/vehicles (from Oromo Liyuu police), which we can't compete with. Since we are left alone, we've all but been left to the wolves alone. Just looking at casualties and fatalities post 2018, strenghten this. disproportionate on our side. But nontheless, most of out land are in tact and not in the hans of these militias. Just look at these fighting online, many has Liyuu police uniforms and that in itself says alot. I've got footages from relatives, that shows what many don't see.

FYI, Tuli Guleed is a rich area. Most fertile land of all SomaliWeyn, but also got "water reserves" in Marar are of Tuli Guleed, enough to provide 75% of DDS. Which the latest fighting has been about. Again Oromia wanted to dig "wells", which we naturally are against. We showed our displeasure. That bastard Cagjar, approved their wish, but with agreement, before starting. The mere fact he allowed Oromia to use somali land, is something we protested and were not going to allow. Jarso was also making claims on this area. Not those living in Tuli Guleed, but also those in Jincasani. Their attitude was it's Jarso land (it's isn't). But we are against, since this is in DDS, belonging to Somalis. However, despite them leaving DDS, they were allowed to continue using these resources.

However we had no choose to prevent it, since Oromia region started to dug with no agreement in place and Cagjar was doing nothing. So we (Geri) started negotiating with Jarso - both of us living in Tuli Guleed and Jinacsani, which broke down a couple of weeks ago. As Oromia went ahead and we against it and trying to prevent it - the clashes started again. With them attacking us and trying to advance into Marar and overall into Tuli Guleed districts. It has now gone to erupted into another district Daarimi. So far, 15 civilian somalis (Geri) has died as of yesterday and fewer from their side, as this is continuing.

One thumb of rule regarding the casualities (for outsiders non Tuli Guleed/Jincacsani people). Higher casualties in our clashes, indicates the one suffering "less" 1. Attacked first, often the other side unprepared and/or 2. They are using more advanced weapons. Which is also the case consistently since 2018, as we've suffered the most.

In the end, we've made a misstake we are realizing now after more than hundreds of years of people claiming to be us, to turn on us much later on. You pointed out that Dir elders are present in the talks that follows. But it's not limited to Dirs alone and include other clans living in neighbouring areas to help us come into an agreement. And they used to do this before when they claimed Somali, now that they don't, it doesn't happen often.

I don't think you meant any ill. Bu my advice to Somalis and in particular to Dir that side with them, just watch them closely and you will se them right trough. Even just online, whenever it's not conflict follow these Jarso and see wether they claim oromo or somali, rather than blindly claimin them. But most importantly, see it for yourself irl. We live with them and regardless of what happens, it will remain like this until foreseeable future. And they've made the request to call them oromos, heck even extended relatives to us (Geri), including mine. The last thing I want to have relatives, that I consider foreigners. The same with the rest. But just be cautious. Especially, you Samaaron that lives next to us and has the small land that Oromos has always wanted, to reach eastwards. But also Dirs in SL and heck even PL, were there have been many immigrants. And assimilating into the local people will not change anything.

Finally, even if we hurdle Jarso, we don't falt them. Since none of this can happen, without outside force. There's a hidden agenda, or at least not hidden to us of what the objectives are. If you remove them, the probelms between Jarso and Geri will disappear. Just look at what's happening now, Oromo admin trying to use Somali resources through Oromo stooge (Cagjar), despite him noding to them, there're not trying to hide it. Even though they got what they wanted, they did not even have the patience for the so called "agreement" according to DDS, the started to dug anyway, Cagjar not doing anything. We stand up against them (oromo admin) and now all of a sudden clashes erupts. What I call Oromo deep state using Jarso against us. And people with little knowledge, simplifies this to clashes between 2 somali clans, while Oromo is still continuing with their expansiosm. While Somalis fall on this trap and go along with this. Once the fighting is done, Somali will not take us (Geri) and our grievances serious, as it was somali disagreement and Oromia will move to next target. Also forgot to mention, those DDS somalis, cosplaying with them, it's the same resources that feeds you and will now be lost.

That's it. We've at least given up on somalis anyways. But we will always defend ourselves, against any odds, with or without any help, as it's been the latter since 2018. As far as you rest of Somalis, do and support whoever you want, but in the end it will backfire, if you don't thread carefully with all relevant variables involved. So think and look around before making a stance. Not asking for support, but do what y'all want. Nothing against you @Duucale1. Just an observation for what I seen around for the past years.

Hopefully, this will be a helpful understanding for some. And I got footages and evidence to prove and corroborate any- and everything I mentioned above. And sorry for the long read.

As far as the fightings, it doesn't look like it will stop now, as the casualties is growing, especially on our side. One of my parent is currently there and there isn't a good prospect in the coming days, at least. DDS admin is silent, except for that godsent waziir for border issues, that was fires within hours. Oromia is silent. Fed gov't it silent. But God will solve this and be with us, Inshallah!

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them.

No, they don't. The images circulating are old images from conflicts the Oromo Liyu had elsewhere being shared by Faysal Roble, a known propagandist.

Even if they were, Cagjar can't make those calls. He needs a green light from Abiy and the Oromia regional President is favoured by Abiy since he used to be buddy-buddy with him as his former Chief of staff so you wouldn't see that happening.

Regarding the Liyuu police, that's the case in these clashes. Though, as you mentioned the've been involved previously.

However, those operating here and in other disputed areas are, rarely formal established forces like regional state army or state police. But rather militias, as it's often mentioned with Afar fightings. Technically, the use of these state sanctioned can't happen without fed support like involvement of Afar and Amhara state force in Tigray.

However, what they do is supply these unit indirectly with weapons and other equipment, that is used in these fightings. There is no doubt about this, as it's very evident to the locals.

In regard to tuuli guuled the clashes are mainly perceived as oromoiya administration and not oromos in this very case. According to the somali head of border security the clashes in tuuli guuled is because of a unilateral decision of the side of oromiya administration to build a dam without consulting the local somali geri on the border of the somali region meaning they're forcing their way into building the dam.

Spot on. Regardless of the identities of Jarso, that's the core conflict here. Also, I'dont understand how a regional state, can even be allowed to operate on another region state and use their resources... They way the oromo admin is handling this, proves where the tensions is coming from. (Also, this is a dam and not a well, as I incorrectly wrote above.)

This is turn, results in the displacement of us from our land and other ramifications. As well as exploitation of our resources, with no set terms on how Oromia uses the water. And with no agreement in place (as indicated and promised to us), they bear all consequences, for everything that comes out of this mess...

One thing commonly mentioned, is the narrative of blaming the clashes on us (Geri). It is not coincidence that most fightings (when it happens) takes place almost exclusively in Tuli Guleed (where Gari are majority and Jarso minority) and not i Jinacsani (where Jarso are majority and Geri minority) - our native areas. Just a food for thought... A hint may be that Geri has somewhat accepted the status of Jinacsani (with few exceptions), while others (including external actors) are trying to make Tuli Guleed a "disputed territory" for reasons we all know. Given its resources, I am not surprised.

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Hopefully, this will be a helpful understanding for some. And I got footages and evidence to prove and corroborate any- and everything I mentioned above. And sorry for the long read.

As far as the fightings, it doesn't look like it will stop now, as the casualties is growing, especially on our side. One of my parent is currently there and there isn't a good prospect in the coming days, at least. DDS admin is silent, except for that godsent waziir for border issues, that was fires within hours. Oromia is silent. Fed gov't it silent. But God will solve this and be with us, Inshallah!

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them.
It would really be good to update us here on major incident since you clearly have contact with tuuli-guuled.

Here's the construction site, which is not supposed have started. Can't remember where Cagjar was recently interviewed, and specifically talked about this. If anyone knows, please post.

Skärmavbild 2023-01-19 kl. 22.22.21.png

Skärmavbild 2023-01-19 kl. 22.21.36.png

Skärmavbild 2023-01-19 kl. 22.20.20.png

The dam built is in Marar village, part of Tulli Guleed Woreda - which starts as soon as you leave Jigjiga and take the road eastwards, and the other one takes you to Jincasani. Right now, that road/highway is being built/upgraded, all the way to Dire Dawa and one to Djibouti - a strategic location.

Skärmavbild 2023-01-19 kl. 21.45.47.png

A closer view

Skärmavbild 2023-01-19 kl. 21.47.16.png

I don't want to derail the thread, but when I talk about Oromo expansionism - it's a serious matter for us (Geris). Let met contextualize it. In the 2004 referendum, Tuli Guleed choose to remain in DDS, while Jinacsani left. DDS admins has since accepted it, likewise Oromia (at least publicly) and subsequent fed gov'ts. In official documents and registrations etc. Tuli Guleed is part of DDS. However, when you take a look at the map, even different versions of them, including official ones, it shows Tuli Guleed as part of Oromia. And it doesn't end there, even Leifa Issa which is a Samaroon city/town, is included as part of Oromia. Passed Geri territory and far away from Jarso territory. This is why, whenever I or Geris always talk/view Oromos (not so much people, rather both Oromo reg. and fed. gov't - including Abiy/PP) as a threat. Since majority of Jarso has chosen Oromia, whenever we fight - we fight Oromo expansion, since they feel that all these areas belong to them, and exclusively them, and therefore Oromia. If we lose the areas, chances of regaining them is little to none. So this is beyond Jarsos. And if you follow certain Oromo media, public figures, officals, these are the claims (in the map) they make, and their aspirations, and stands in contrary to reality.

Whats so sad about loosing Jinacsani to Oromia, was loosing Abo Yonis. Coincidentally, it's also the biggest Geri Koombe sub-clan... There's not much one can do at this point.

Garaad diinle

 
Here's the construction site, which is not supposed have started. Can't remember where Cagjar was recently interviewed, and specifically talked about this. If anyone knows, please post.

View attachment 249492

View attachment 249491
View attachment 249490

The dam built is in Marar village, part of Tulli Guleed Woreda - which starts as soon as you leave Jigjiga and take the road eastwards, and the other one takes you to Jincasani. Right now, that road/highway is being built/upgraded, all the way to Dire Dawa and one to Djibouti - a strategic location.

View attachment 249488

A closer view

View attachment 249489

I don't want to derail the thread, but when I talk about Oromo expansionism - it's a serious matter for us (Geris). Let met contextualize it. In the 2004 referendum, Tuli Guleed choose to remain in DDS, while Jinacsani left. DDS admins has since accepted it, likewise Oromia (at least publicly) and subsequent fed gov'ts. In official documents and registrations etc. Tuli Guleed is part of DDS. However, when you take a look at the map, even different versions of them, including official ones, it shows Tuli Guleed as part of Oromia. And it doesn't end there, even Leifa Issa which is a Samaroon city/town, is included as part of Oromia. Passed Geri territory and far away from Jarso territory. This is why, whenever I or Geris always talk/view Oromos (not so much people, rather both Oromo reg. and fed. gov't - including Abiy/PP) as a threat. Since majority of Jarso has chosen Oromia, whenever we fight - we fight Oromo expansion, since they feel that all these areas belong to them, and exclusively them, and therefore Oromia. If we lose the areas, chances of regaining them is little to none. So this is beyond Jarsos. And if you follow certain Oromo media, public figures, officals, these are the claims (in the map) they make, and their aspirations, and stands in contrary to reality.

Whats so sad about loosing Jinacsani to Oromia, was loosing Abo Yonis. Coincidentally, it's also the biggest Geri Koombe sub-clan... There's not much one can do at this point.
Walaal is marar village where the raid of the liyus from oromiya occurred, are the somalis already removed from the village and isn't there any border guards from dds to protect the somali on the frontline.

Laagite

الداروودي
Well I'm geri, and people often make that conclusion, that we use them being "Oromo" to strengthen our case, which tbh is to the contrary. First of all, I personally have no benefit in doing this, as my mom is Dir and father Geri with a Jarso mom.

Historically, we've been living with each other for at least hundreds of years, and they won't be going anywhere. We've also had disagrements, which in turn has led to confrontations in the past. However, the last 20 years and in particular 10 years has been something else. Jarso has always had both identities, often claiming both Somali and Oromo, and we've had no problems with them.

The real problems started as they started cosying up with the oromia region, and Jinacsani subsequently choose to leave the somali region in 2004, while Tuli guleed choose to remain. For reference Jinacsani has a majority Jarso and significant Geri minority. And Tuli Guleed, a majority Geri and small Jarso community.

My relatives, ended in limbo as we lived in both deegmo and would result in splitting families between two regions. This got heated and to my understanding, the handing over was halted/frozen. As time went on, especially during president Abdi Iley, he put hard restrictions on them as he feared Somali land was being taken by oromos. In particular due to their identities. Which led up to the events that started the clashes between Geri and Jarso 10ish years ago, as a result of Liyuu police handling them and taking it upon us.

So when Abdi Iley was removed, Jinacsani was handed over fully to Oromia. As evident, Oromos, in particular their leaders, has always had aspirations to expand their territories, mainly into DDS, which at this point is no secret...

So as a result of their grievances, most of them fully dropped their Somali identity and started going by Oromo only. Much of this is clear to us as we live with them, which to outsiders just sees as 2 Somali clans. Heck, there's many footages online corroborates this. Even their elders, has stopped using titles like Ughaaz and Garaad to use Oromo ones.

Anyhow, now that Oromia is in the picture and Jarso wanting Oromo regions, they (from Jinacsani) started attacking us in Tuli Guleed, together with the local Jarso living there. With the aim to fully take over Tuli Guleed. Oromia is not even hiding it, their map shows their border, right in front of your land (Samaroon teterritory) next to SL. Which is what the fighting has been about especially post-Abdi Iley. To make claim on these land (by sinister "oromo deep state") and plan for the complete takeover.

The back and forth fighting has been about this since. Us protecting ourselves. Cagjar gives jack shit, since he's an Oromo stooges, ordered not to do anything. The same reason our fellow Sitti Somalis and Southern Somalis are abandoned to Afars respective Oromos backed state force. Now that Afars are done fighting Tigres and have heavy weapons. But this is something for another time.

The problem with the fighting is that Jarso are now using heavy weapons/vehicles (from Oromo Liyuu police), which we can't compete with. Since we are left alone, we've all but been left to the wolves alone. Just looking at casualties and fatalities post 2018, strenghten this. disproportionate on our side. But nontheless, most of out land are in tact and not in the hans of these militias. Just look at these fighting online, many has Liyuu police uniforms and that in itself says alot. I've got footages from relatives, that shows what many don't see.

FYI, Tuli Guleed is a rich area. Most fertile land of all SomaliWeyn, but also got "water reserves" in Marar are of Tuli Guleed, enough to provide 75% of DDS. Which the latest fighting has been about. Again Oromia wanted to dig "wells", which we naturally are against. We showed our displeasure. That bastard Cagjar, approved their wish, but with agreement, before starting. The mere fact he allowed Oromia to use somali land, is something we protested and were not going to allow. Jarso was also making claims on this area. Not those living in Tuli Guleed, but also those in Jincasani. Their attitude was it's Jarso land (it's isn't). But we are against, since this is in DDS, belonging to Somalis. However, despite them leaving DDS, they were allowed to continue using these resources.

However we had no choose to prevent it, since Oromia region started to dug with no agreement in place and Cagjar was doing nothing. So we (Geri) started negotiating with Jarso - both of us living in Tuli Guleed and Jinacsani, which broke down a couple of weeks ago. As Oromia went ahead and we against it and trying to prevent it - the clashes started again. With them attacking us and trying to advance into Marar and overall into Tuli Guleed districts. It has now gone to erupted into another district Daarimi. So far, 15 civilian somalis (Geri) has died as of yesterday and fewer from their side, as this is continuing.

One thumb of rule regarding the casualities (for outsiders non Tuli Guleed/Jincacsani people). Higher casualties in our clashes, indicates the one suffering "less" 1. Attacked first, often the other side unprepared and/or 2. They are using more advanced weapons. Which is also the case consistently since 2018, as we've suffered the most.
We should raise awareness to whats going on in Tuli Guleed in Harti lands, I can't in good conscience accept Oromos in my land when the Geri mujahideen are fighting to keep theirs

Trending

Latest posts