Somali natives in Tuuli Guuled defeat Oromo regional police invaders

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Mahadsanid, walaal adiga iyo kuwa kale uu ina garab jooga iyo na difaaciya, much appreciated and grateful. The problem is that our communities live far from each other, even certain parts of DDS not far away, and thereby don't get the full picture of whats happening, sometimes. As we are left alone.

As far as the intermarriages, most of them stopped by 2004 when they choose to separate themselves from us, but as there we no fightings then, it still continued, but few and far in between. However, as the conflict intensified 10ish years and they insisted on being Oromo solely. This has stopped happening, and the communities are very segregated now, and very soon, as they are becoming more "oromomized" by choice, we will view them no different from other Oromos. Though, it's sad to see this development, from them claiming mostly Somali and rarely Oromo, to now going the other direction, is a slap to the face after hundreds of years living with each other. Especially, since they are no different from any other Somalis, in the sense that the speak somali as a native language (we all speak oromo to since its close to Oromia, but never in our areas and between us Geri and Jarso), they are culturally somalis, most of them have either muslim or somali names etc, so them separating from us is a great tragedy.

As far as them claiming oromo, it so funny to see other somalis trying to prove otherwise. Again, they made that request personally to us Geris living there, to stop calling them somalis from now onwards, especially those in Jinacsani. Since they are a minority in Tuli Guleed, they've largely avoided this topic, though their clan leaders are very clear on this matter, regardless of where they live. Honestly, what do we gain from people we've lived with for ages and considered us all somalis, to then all of a sudden brand them as foreigners.... People that haven't seen this, will see it in due time, as this has been the case for us, so I'm just going to be patient. Ironically, I just want someone to go to Jinacsani and call them Somali and just film it to see their reactions, maybe they will realize then... (Or even those in the diaspora, I'm not from the US but I heard that there are plenty in MN).

Until then there are so much footage online, to assemble together. FYI, most somalis that argue their somaliness, will use either older footage (when they claimed somali) or content they create when its conflict as they appeal to their fellow "kin" Dirs. Other than this, most other footages will prove to the contrary.

Here's the Ugaaska guud ee beelweynta Jaarso (Ugaas Abdirahman Ugaas Muhumed) from 2018. The quality is bad, but listen to him (speaking in somali) from 1.15 "inaaga ... waxaan ka soo jeedna asal ahaan Oromo. Laakin dhaqan ahaan waxan la dhaqan nahay Somali. Waan kala gursana, waan is dhalnay, daad soo wada nool baan nahay. Dad iswada garanyo baan nahay. Walal nahay. Isku dhaqan nahay. Isku diin nahay". Basically Oromo ethnic/clan, but Somali culturally. This alone should be enough to put all the Somali claims to rest. But lets look deeper...

Here are Jarso elders taking about leaving everything somali-related from clan titles, to somali culture. And there are striving/aiming at taking all land the inhabit on, even those where they are minority, to incorporate into Oromia.

"Jaarso wa mid. ... Waa Oromo. Dhaqanka ay oromo leedahay, baan leenahay. Dhaqan kale oo ka duwan ma lehi. Shalay ugaaz iyo garaad baan ku heshiiney, laakin somali ayaa leh. ... Afraan Qallo ba noo timid. Xaqiiqdi baa la na tusay. Oromia ayaan ku socona. Nin walbaa waxa la dhexgeyni Oromia. ... Arinto waa mid. Jarso waa mid."

Lets continue. Here's an oromo speaker, with an somali speaking Jarso audience, through an interpreter. Where they are making claims on somali lands, including Jigjiga and Hargeisa.

Another Jarso claiming oromo and speaking his (expansionist) mind and aspirations.

Here's an interview with Jarsos in the US from Jigjiga of Jinacsani origin. This was right before Abdi Illeys fall, where they were pleading with somalis to do something. This interview became somewhat well viewed/shared, especially on facebok, where many somalis first got to know more about hem. You would assume that these would be "more" somalis as they are from majority somali inhabited area, but no. They don't call themselves somalis, but a dual somali-oromo speaking people. Why are they not uttering, that they are somalis? (Nothing wrong with them claiming Oromo, but just pointing it out).

He's also dabbling in missformation with the audacity of claiming that Jarso being 100% in Jincasani and overwhelmingly majority of Tuli Guleed?!!?!? Langaab, langaab dhalay. I guess the reality proves otherwise... Why isin't Tuli Guleed in the hands of Jarsos? You'll never succed. A wikipedia search alone shows that Jinacsani has 65% oromos and 20% somalis. So, let's not talk about Tuli Guleed

WAR YAAB. Tell me how many of them are in Jgjiga? where these jarsos live?

@GaradShabeel We know the story of Jinacsani and how TPLF used Geri territory to bribe the Oromo. The Jaarso voted to join villages where they formed more than 50% of voters to Oromia. The Geri voted to remain part of the Somali region. The Geri that remained in Oromo majority areas mostly left, the Jaarso should have been kicked out of Tuli Guleed, Sariir Garaad etc...

Lacnatullahi on Ina Cagjar. Qaxbad qaxbad dhashay. He wants Geri to fight Oromia on their own.
The Absame political elite had better wake up and remove this fucker, walahi o bilahi Jidwaaq are next if Geri are allowed to be ethnically cleansed by Oromo.

Never has Darod lost an open battle to Oromo. We took more than 200,000 sq of land from them as recently as 1915. The only reason why Darod lost Jinacsani is because of whor*es like Ina Cagjar.

We must stand up asap. The problem is the lack of awareness. Everyone should speak to their elders and force a shir. We are all responsible and complicit if we stay silent and watch as our people are wiped out.

I have to be Honest guys my grandmother is jaarso I used to call her qoti as kaftan, but, this information is very new to me, I didn’t know jaarso are full on claiming Oromo, as you know me I’m very oromophobic but we need to bring the jaarso back to the Somali fold this is unacceptable

Hambalyo to the Geri Koombe & Baalcad Absame Mujahideens that are fighting to defend their native homelands from Oromo invaders

The Filthy Qotis have declared war, it’s time to assemble our Tribesmen to the front!
:fittytousand:

Here’s the released photos of the dead Oromo commanders that attacked the Somali border district
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Aren't they fighting Jaarso?

I have to be Honest guys my grandmother is jaarso I used to call her qoti as kaftan, but, this information is very new to me, I didn’t know jaarso are full on claiming Oromo, as you know me I’m very oromophobic but we need to bring the jaarso back to the Somali fold this is unacceptable
I agree 100% but Jaarso need to come to an conclusion. Can switch identity every few week. Are they Oromo or are they Somali dir cali madaxweyne?

the problem is the EThiopian federal government. Somalis have shown time and time again, that they can defeat all these oromos and afars.
Elaborate. It seems like Somalis are the one losing. I here that Afars are killing Somalis and Oromos are killing Somalis aswell but I have also heard that the conflict now is between two Somali clans. Geri koombe vs Jaarso who are dir Cali Madaxweyne. So why are some calling them qotti/slaves when they are noble dir? And why are Jaarso claiming Oromia and Oromos, them being persecuted or oppressed doesn't mean they should choose Oromos. This gonna turn into an ethnic fight like Abdi Iley. Cagjar must make peace between Geri Koombe and Jaarso, give Jaarso what is theirs, give them reparation and make the Jaarso who are now part of SRS to convince the other jaarso in Oromia to join SRS again.

As for y'all who try to alienate a Somali clan. Stop it. This is moryaanimo and will only lead to our downfall and demise. We must fear the dua of the oppressed.

World

VIP
I agree 100% but Jaarso need to come to an conclusion. Can switch identity every few week. Are they Oromo or are they Somali dir cali madaxweyne?
They’ve already made their decision that they’re Oromo, it is you who need to come to a conclusion and other confused Somalis. Their goal is to displace Somalis in villages where they are minority by adding it to the Oromo region and continuing the process until they reach the Somalia border.

They’ve already made their decision that they’re Oromo, it is you who need to come to a conclusion and other confused Somalis. Their goal is to displace Somalis in villages where they are minority by adding it to the Oromo region and continuing the process until they reach the Somalia border.
You sure about this? I don't want to fall prey to tribal propaganda. I know that some 40 jaarso kebele I think its called voted to join Oromia while the 40 other stayed in SRS. The reason why they voted to join Oromia was due to them being persecuted by other clans and Abdi Iley sided with Geri Koombe. What Cagjar must do is to make peace with Jaarso in SRS, after that he should convince the Jaarso in SRS to convince Jaarso who choose to stay in Oromia to come back. Give them the land that belongs to them and reparation/blood money. I don't want to see ethnic Somalis being branded Oromo by bunch of tribalist who do not care for our overall ethnicity.

Also you say that the land doesn't belong to Jaarso, since they part of SRS, and civlians live there, how'd you remove them? How would you solve this issue? As a Somali from Somalia, I am sick of this. How'd you want us to free you, if you fighting and acting like animals? I think we from Somalia should just watch as you fighting each other until you become nearly extinct. Then wait till Oromo and Amharas take your land. Then we can begin our ethnic expansion.

You sure about this? I don't want to fall prey to tribal propaganda. I know that some 40 jaarso kebele I think its called voted to join Oromia while the 40 other stayed in SRS. The reason why they voted to join Oromia was due to them being persecuted by other clans and Abdi Iley sided with Geri Koombe. What Cagjar must do is to make peace with Jaarso in SRS, after that he should convince the Jaarso in SRS to convince Jaarso who choose to stay in Oromia to come back. Give them the land that belongs to them and reparation/blood money. I don't want to see ethnic Somalis being branded Oromo by bunch of tribalist who do not care for our overall ethnicity.

Also you say that the land doesn't belong to Jaarso, since they part of SRS, and civlians live there, how'd you remove them? How would you solve this issue? As a Somali from Somalia, I am sick of this. How'd you want us to free you, if you fighting and acting like animals? I think we from Somalia should just watch as you fighting each other until you become nearly extinct. Then wait till Oromo and Amharas take your land. Then we can begin our ethnic expansion.
A lot of Somali clans have beef with each other but they don’t start claiming to be other ethnicity, we shouldn’t give nothing to these flipflopers every Oromo wannabe should be deported from somaliweyne,

A lot of Somali clans have beef with each other but they don’t start claiming to be other ethnicity, we shouldn’t give nothing to these flipflopers every Oromo wannabe should be deported from somaliweyne,
Chill. I don't like it either but think about them kids. You want to see Somalis killing other Somalis including kids due to the stupidity of their elders? Make peace. We need peace and prepare ourselves to fight the Galla and Amxaaro.

Damn that's crazy. You basically called your own grandmother a slave. Thats messed up. Truly beyond despicable. I met both of my grandmothers in Somalia 5 months ago. I showered them with hugs and kisses. Could never and ever make them sad in anyway. Wallahi go repent. Call her and tell her how sorry you are.

World

VIP

what are you talking about? there is no jarso land inside the somali region, they voted to join the oromo region and they stole the land and kicked out any somali even if we formed 40 % of the village population. It’s over. Jarso are Oromos who voted to join the Oromo region? Yet you are talking about giving them more land in Somali region to join the Oromo region. What’s wrong with you? Have you been ignoring the posts in this thread? This is not a tribal conflict, it is Geri who are all alone vs the entire Oromo state. And it is clear that you’ve taken the side of the Oromos you cuck.

The first bolded part is, as incorrect as it can get. Again, we've hade disagreements between both clans before, but not like clashes we've seen, since they joined Oromia in 2004. Even in 1992, they (Jarsos in Jinacsani) asked somali leaders, to be part of DDS (I'll try to find documents). However, through their own words they felt "injustice" and "misrepresented" on behalf of subsequent DDS admins and therefore joined Oromia. (Watch the interviews in my previous posts, where they say that other somalis clans felt/experienced the same, unlike other somali they had an oromo identity, so they made this decisions). Also the referendum was in 2004 and Abdi Iley came to power in 2010, so the timeline doesn't match either. But it's not incorrect that he viewed them as a threat, since most of them chose Oromia, and did put restrictions on those remaning here (as to not loose more land in the future), but that's not what we (Geri) wanted och caused. Shift that blame elsewere!

Speaking in all honesty, we can try to mend relations, but mark my word, they will never fully claim somali again, we just have to accept it. Also the second bolded part, really?!?!?! We can agree to disagree on many parts, but if you missed all of my posts - I've clearly said, time and again, we would love them to be somalis due to our ties/history together, they are as somali as they come (in all aspect, but name). I've more interest in them being somalis, than other somalis, including you. Again, let me remind you most Geri has Jarso relatives, and vice-versa. I have a Jarso grandma and Jarso extended family, so don't try to come for us like this. And most of these Oromo talks, comes as a request by THEM. Ask them personally, and you shall see. Also, they've carried both oromo and somali identities since forever, which historical documents can corroborate, so it's not something we started. Again, I mentioned earlier too that much of these problems would be fewer, if they fully claimed somali, but they don't and have been dabbling in both communities, whenever it fits them and now mostly Oromo. Nothing new. Hopefully, you get this part.

The third bolded part, hopefully you haven't missed that this happens from northern DDS with Afars all they way to southern DDS with Oromos, not limited to just our communities. Demarcation of our borders, will solve much of these problems. Since the creation of ethnic federalism, it's only afars and oromos that've move eastwards (on somali lands), not vice-versa from somalis.

Also we've been generous too. The water resources in Tuli Guleed has always been extended to Jarsos in Jinacsani, even when they chose to join Oromia. But now they want to build a dam there, on land that doesn't belong to them. It would be one thing if it was between the majority Geri and minority Jarso living in Tuli Guleed to decide what to do together here. But they (together with Oromia) are entitled and want this entire land area, despite them leaving DDS?!?!?!? I mean you'll always be allowed to use it, but don't make claims on this, if you're from outside DDS, especially now that you left us!

All in all, regardless of their choice of region or ethnicity. We all need peace, as I suggested above, where all wrongdoings are corrected and mended. Much of this has less to do with Jarsos and Geris, but outside forces. Which despite they fightings, we don't blame them as much.

what are you talking about? there is no jarso land inside the somali region, they voted to join the oromo region and they stole the land and kicked out any somali even if we formed 40 % of the village population. It’s over. Jarso are Oromos who voted to join the Oromo region? Yet you are talking about giving them more land in Somali region to join the Oromo region. What’s wrong with you? Have you been ignoring the posts in this thread? This is not a tribal conflict, it is Geri who are all alone vs the entire Oromo state. And it is clear that you’ve taken the side of the Oromos you cuck.
Somali_clan_map_1.jpg

20230121_184842.jpg
20230121_184849.jpg
20230121_184854.jpg

Check the map, there is a small Jaarso land that belongs to them. According to this document it
(Source: Conflict Research Programme by LSE) states that 43 joined Oromia and 40 voted to remain in SRS. It doesn't really clarify that the 40 kebele that stayed are entirely Jaarso or that its minority jaarso. But reading this and looking at the map, I conclude that there is a little land left that is theirs.
20230121_184846.jpg

I also want to clarify I am not saying that more land should be given to them. I am simply saying we should be fair. If something belongs to them give it to them. Make peace. Also they need to conclude wether they are Somali or not.

Here is a video of a community leader who is jaarso from Sweden. Speaking perfectly and clear af somali making it clear that Jaarso are Somalis and that it is Cajeeb that it is being portrayed as Somali vs Oromo
How can you in anyway convince me that Jaarso are something else? Well them choosing Oromia is problematic and will only fuel the contlict even more and portraying it as Somalis vs Oromo is even more dangerous. We in no shape to fight the dominating ethnic group the "Oromo." So I pray to Allah to resolve this issue. Wallahi we are our greatest enemy. Its not Oromos. Its us. It is the Tribalist. It is the ignoramus who have zero understanding of Islam.

Last edited:
The first bolded part is, as incorrect as it can get. Again, we've hade disagreements between both clans before, but not like clashes we've seen, since they joined Oromia in 2004. Even in 1992, they (Jarsos in Jinacsani) asked somali leaders, to be part of DDS (I'll try to find documents). However, through their own words they felt "injustice" and "misrepresented" on behalf of subsequent DDS admins and therefore joined Oromia. (Watch the interviews in my previous posts, where they say that other somalis clans felt/experienced the same, unlike other somali they had an oromo identity, so they made this decisions). Also the referendum was in 2004 and Abdi Iley came to power in 2010, so the timeline doesn't match either. But it's not incorrect that he viewed them as a threat, since most of them chose Oromia, and did put restrictions on those remaning here (as to not loose more land in the future), but that's not what we (Geri) wanted och caused. Shift that blame elsewere!

Speaking in all honesty, we can try to mend relations, but mark my word, they will never fully claim somali again, we just have to accept it. Also the second bolded part, really?!?!?! We can agree to disagree on many parts, but if you missed all of my posts - I've clearly said, time and again, we would love them to be somalis due to our ties/history together, they are as somali as they come (in all aspect, but name). I've more interest in them being somalis, than other somalis, including you. Again, let me remind you most Geri has Jarso relatives, and vice-versa. I have a Jarso grandma and Jarso extended family, so don't try to come for us like this. And most of these Oromo talks, comes as a request by THEM. Ask them personally, and you shall see. Also, they've carried both oromo and somali identities since forever, which historical documents can corroborate, so it's not something we started. Again, I mentioned earlier too that much of these problems would be fewer, if they fully claimed somali, but they don't and have been dabbling in both communities, whenever it fits them and now mostly Oromo. Nothing new. Hopefully, you get this part.

The third bolded part, hopefully you haven't missed that this happens from northern DDS with Afars all they way to southern DDS with Oromos, not limited to just our communities. Demarcation of our borders, will solve much of these problems. Since the creation of ethnic federalism, it's only afars and oromos that've move eastwards (on somali lands), not vice-versa from somalis.

Also we've been generous too. The water resources in Tuli Guleed has always been extended to Jarsos in Jinacsani, even when they chose to join Oromia. But now they want to build a dam there, on land that doesn't belong to them. It would be one thing if it was between the majority Geri and minority Jarso living in Tuli Guleed to decide what to do together here. But they (together with Oromia) are entitled and want this entire land area, despite them leaving DDS?!?!?!? I mean you'll always be allowed to use it, but don't make claims on this, if you're from outside DDS, especially now that you left us!

All in all, regardless of their choice of region or ethnicity. We all need peace, as I suggested above, where all wrongdoings are corrected and mended. Much of this has less to do with Jarsos and Geris, but outside forces. Which despite they fightings, we don't blame them as much.
I sadly missed your post and videos. I will check it. Also send it to this new thread I made

Also is there a conflict between minority Jaarso or Geri Koombe or is it Jaarso in Oromia vs Geri Koombe? And if it is the latter what side is minority jaarso taking?

Secondly it is problematic that there are minority jaarso in SRS. If it was entirely all them I would certainly brand them Oromo but there is a minority.

https://addisstandard.com/news-civi...i-region-after-dispute-over-dam-construction/

Here you've got Addis Standard, on the few remaining independent Ethiopian mainstream media outlets (who exposed many regime crimes in Tigray), basically confirming everything I've been saying.

This time around, most of the fightings has been Oromo/jarso "organized armed militias" (called Fadnoga), since they already had presence there, and Geri locals defending themselves. Hence, the disproportionate casualties on our side.

The constructions is in its early stages, and already displaces 2000 Geris from Marar Keble/village. And now this fighting, which has exacerbated the situation.

Many of Geri farmland and houses has been burnt and destroyed.

https://twitter.com/radiodaljir/status/1616844446577868804
https://twitter.com/radiodaljir/status/1616844453460807680

I sadly missed your post and videos. I will check it. Also send it to this new thread I made

Also is there a conflict between minority Jaarso or Geri Koombe or is it Jaarso in Oromia vs Geri Koombe? And if it is the latter what side is minority jaarso taking?

Secondly it is problematic that there are minority jaarso in SRS. If it was entirely all them I would certainly brand them Oromo but there is a minority.

Regardless of how Jarso view themselves or by others, we have always said that we are fighting against Oromia (the state) not Jarsos/Oromos, who we see are being used as cannon fodder. A case in point is this the current dam being built inside DDS, without consultations with us, from neither DDS or Oromia. Clan disagreements is not new, but the scale of it has been massive with Oromia in the picture.

The conflict, when it erupts, always turns into a qabiil one. So by nature, all Geris and Jarsos in neighbouring villages/cities, in both Oromia and DDS, gets involved. But generally its Geri vs. Jarso. Not a "you a majority here and you minority there" kinda talking points. But in reality due to the split, you got us being minority there and them minority here - splitting people alongside 2 regions.

Walaahi, we just need a permanent agreement at this point, instead of fightings once in a while, because DDS and Oromia disregards our concerns and feelings, Geris and Jarsos alike. After the agreement between the communities, it needs to be ratifies by both Oromia and DDS, instead of the the former, forcing it way here, due to their power.

Despite them claiming mostly Oromo, I do have a hard time calling them that. I always remember my grandma, and we were always Somali. Whenever I go there, we all speak somali, even with Jarsos and they are culturally somalis, you wouldn't even notice anything oromo from them. So it's a tragedy, nonetheless.

Last edited:
https://addisstandard.com/news-civi...i-region-after-dispute-over-dam-construction/

Here you've got Addis Standard, on the few remaining independent Ethiopian mainstream media outlets (who exposed many regime crimes in Tigray), basically confirming everything I've been saying.

This time around, most of the fightings has been Oromo/jarso "organized armed militias" (called Fadnoga), since they already had presence there, and Geri locals defending themselves. Hence, the disproportionate casualties on our side.

The constructions is in its early stages, and already displaces 2000 Geris from Marar Keble/village. And now this fighting, which has exacerbated the situation.

Many of Geri farmland and houses has been burnt and destroyed.

https://twitter.com/radiodaljir/status/1616844446577868804
https://twitter.com/radiodaljir/status/1616844453460807680

Regardless of how Jarso view themselves or by others, we have always said that we are fighting against Oromia (the state) not Jarsos/Oromos, who we see are being used as cannon fodder. A case in point is this the current dam being built inside DDS, without consultations with us, from neither DDS or Oromia. Clan disagreements is not new, but the scale of it has been massive with Oromia in the picture.

The conflict, when it erupts, always turns into a qabiil one. So by nature, all Geris and Jarsos in neighbouring villages/cities, in both Oromia and DDS, gets involved. But generally its Geri vs. Jarso. Not a "you a majority here and you minority there" kinda talking points. But in reality due to the split, you got us being minority there and them minority here - splitting people alongside 2 regions.

Walaahi, we just need a permanent agreement at this point, instead of fightings once in a while, because DDS and Oromia disregards our concerns and feelings, Geris and Jarsos alike. After the agreement between the communities, it needs to be ratifies by both Oromia and DDS, instead of the the former, forcing it way here, due to their power.

Despite them claiming mostly Oromo, I do have a hard time calling them that. I always remember my grandma, and we were always Somali. Whenever I go there, we all speak somali, even with Jarsos and they are culturally somalis, you wouldn't even notice anything oromo from them. So it's a tragedy, nonetheless.
Could you share this here? The addis Standard article and a further elaboration on the intention of Oromo state to expand.
Jazakallah kheyr brother

Could you share this here? The addis Standard article and a further elaboration on the intention of Oromo state to expand.
Jazakallah kheyr brother
Yes, I will. No ill feeling towards you sxb, just felt different understandings of the situation, on the ground, that we differ on

One thing we all have to learn is to never trust a word Daaroods say about the conflicts they have with other clans. They are all pathological liars 100%. I'm neutral here not buying into this narrative of "Jaarso are scum Oromo" and "Geri are angels".

Trending