The Unspoken Obession with Horn of African features

Walahi I never feel so gassed than when I go to a hair salon 😂 they compliment my hair all the time and talk about how easy it is. (Mashallah)
If you want an instant ego boost as a Somali girl, go to a black hair salon lmao

I have timo adeg among Somalis but it’s very easy to manage when I go to black hair salons compared to their 4c, plus it’s thick and long so they always give me lots of compliments lol

I see a lot of that online, these madow women would be insulting Somali/Ethiopian women and in the same breath, they get "mistaken" for us. Not many people even know us like that which makes it more funny
this is france lol they get so excited when someone asks if they’re somali and none of the look like us, they look more Tanzanian or have a smaller nose

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It is true. Probably not a majority but many people have it. No need to hate.
that's simply not true, at least if you are speaking on nation level, maybe some in the diaspora, or banadiir. But on the nation level, we aren't, and certainly we don't look how we look because of that as she claimed.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I finished the video and damn she read them for filth. They hate us ( Nigerians specifically in the UK) but they always use Fulani women and that Arab tribe to represent them LOL imika waa faahmey they’re jealous!
:ftw9nwa: The moment they use their beauty representations is when they have officially emancipated themselves from the shackles of colonialism. They have their local beauties. Speaking of West Africans, how come they focus on Iman, the model, rather than the Senegalese Sadiya Gueye?
1708332977886.png

Half the comments are of them claiming that everyone "mistakes" them for East African lool, it's so cringe when they say that

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is so true and the funniest thing is that whenever I click on their profile pic, I’m like where is the Somali/Ethiopian?😭😭

You never ever see the opposite.
I’ve noticed it whenever I see Europeans or Asians clowning sub saharan bantus for how ugly they are and their woman they always say but what about horn Africans acting like we’re the same 😂

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
"And I personally do not date, unambiguous, monoracial dark skin black men either"

The way she said it fast like copy-pasted just came off as an insult.:mjlol: I'm insulted on behalf of the black kings that fit the description.

By the way, is "ambiguous" a preference now? The mean is not enough for her.:drakelaugh:
I'm suddenly reminded of that Katt Williams clip about how Jonathan Majors was being aggressively pushed as handsome despite many eyes collectively wincing at the thought.

I left some comment to set things straight. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Post your comment here. We'd love to see.
The idea of Horners having slim noses, small lips, and loose hair is interesting. Completely false, but interesting nonetheless.
If it occurs in such high frequency to be associated with them. And where people won't identify you as looking Somali if you deviate too much from that, then that speaks volumes. I think you are being a bit facetious.
I have all three, and I am 100% Somali.
that's simply not true, at least if you are speaking on nation level, maybe some in the diaspora, or banadiir. But on the nation level, we aren't, and certainly we don't look how we look because of that as she claimed.
this is france lol they get so excited when someone asks if they’re somali and none of the look like us, they look more Tanzanian or have a smaller nose
I’m pretty light skinned with a kinkier hair texture but not as kinky as most madows (I have 3c-4a) and I’ve been asked if I was half white…lmao. I look straight up horner too. I understand mistaking me for habesha but half black/half white is reaching.

People get very confused by horn African features when they’re not familiar with us

I'm suddenly reminded of that Katt Williams clip about how Jonathan Majors was being aggressively pushed as handsome despite many eyes collectively wincing at the thought.
Damn, he went at him. I think any actor automatically is viewed as good-looking. It could be a marketing thing mixed with social contagion. I would not say that the Majors guy is ugly though. Maybe I am biased because I think the guys acting was good before they dropped him.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Damn, he went at him. I think any actor automatically is viewed as good-looking. It could be a marketing thing mixed with social contagion. I would not say that the Majors guy is ugly though. Maybe I am biased because I think the guys acting was good before they dropped him.
Going on a marketing blitz to shop him around like he's the next Denzel was a bit much. I won't fault the guy for his appearance, as I find that cruel and out-of-touch, but I think he's unconventional compared to what is normally pushed by the Hollywood machine. His acting chops are decent, though.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Brother fear evil eye. Don't post such pics online.
To late I run yt channel.
His a weirdo, he could have claimed self-defense but was adamant he didn't hit her, you can see he shoved her.

I can see Damson Alade-Bo Idris being the eventual replacement for Denzel, his favourite actor is also Denzel lol.

Going on a marketing blitz to shop him around like he's the next Denzel was a bit much. I won't fault the guy for his appearance, as I find that cruel and out-of-touch, but I think he's unconventional compared to what is normally pushed by the Hollywood machine. His acting chops are decent, though.
It brings views money. They want to influence thought and plant the seed so people are susceptible to the positive side, which can edge further toward better revenue. Marketing and brand creation have taken a new level.

His a weirdo, he could have claimed self-defense but was adamant he didn't hit her, you can see he shoved her.

I can see Damson Alade-Bo Idris being the eventual replacement for Denzel, his favourite actor is also Denzel lol.
That woman was crazy. She ran after him for blocks. That is not a victim. That is a scary-ass predator that is doing the hunting. :dead:

If you want an instant ego boost as a Somali girl, go to a black hair salon lmao

I have timo adeg among Somalis but it’s very easy to manage when I go to black hair salons compared to their 4c, plus it’s thick and long so they always give me lots of compliments lol
Walahi idk what’s up with Somali ppl calling our beautiful curls ‘Timo adeg’ when most ppl wish they had our type of hair. Habesha ppl show off their curls so much and we just hide them 🤦🏾‍♀️

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

It brings views money. They want to influence thought and plant the seed so people are susceptible to the positive side, which can edge further toward better revenue. Marketing and brand creation have taken a new level.
:pachah1:They shouldn't have to flood us with imagery to brainwash us into believing they are pleasing to the eye. Granted, I get some people are visually an acquired taste like kombucha. There is a word in French. It's "jolie laide." It essentially means good-looking and ugly.

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
I have all three, and I am 100% Somali.
Allahumma baarik, I only meant to say it is kinda disingenous to paint it as the standard Somali look. I know many with large noses and loose hair, small noses and rougher hair, etc. There is definitely a variety,
If it occurs in such high frequency to be associated with them. And where people won't identify you as looking Somali if you deviate too much from that, then that speaks volumes. I think you are being a bit facetious.
Eh, maybe it's the place I live. C'est la vie.

Walahi idk what’s up with Somali ppl calling our beautiful curls ‘Timo adeg’ when most ppl wish they had our type of hair. Habesha ppl show off their curls so much and we just hide them 🤦🏾‍♀️
Facts sis we only uplift one hair type (wavy timo jileec) when even those of us with tighter curls have really nice hair.

I posted a picture of my hair on a curly haircare subreddit to get some hair care advice (with my face covered ofc) and I got a crazy amount of compliments. It made me realize I acc have nice hair yet my family hate on it so much

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Allahumma baarik, I only meant to say it is kinda disingenous to paint it as the standard Somali look. I know many with large noses and loose hair, small noses and rougher hair, etc. There is definitely a variety,

Eh, maybe it's the place I live. C'est la vie.
The standard look implies it is the mean. People assume what I described is the quintessential Somali.

Trending