US Supreme Court Strikes Down Race-Based Admissions at Harvard and U.N.C., Affirmative Action is Over

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
I don't think Somalis in America have a sustainable amount of recent migrants to continue existing as a seperate entity. Most are probably going to integrage within the Black community with a religious/upper middle class minority integrating with asiatic muslims

You aren’t even from here. We don’t intermingle with those people.

Are they really that detached from their culture ?

No.

There’s less then 200k Somalis in the United States your probably right they will probably integrate with the larger black community in the United States in the coming decades

We don’t hang with them irl.

All of this happened because Ruth Ginsburg would not retire during Obama's presidency and we have an uncle tom Clarence Thomas in there.

They are taking away the rights and achievements of African Americans one by one. This trend has started.

Some Octogenerians turn into little children mentally and I think that lady didn't want to give up what she became accustomed to. The price Society paid was heavy for her recalcitrance.

As for Clarence Thomas, he became resentful after he couldn't get a job with his elite degree because of his race back in those days. Nobody hired a black educated individual into well paying lawfirms and companies back then. He put once a ten cent stamp on his yale Degree and told someone that is what his degree was worth, just ten cents. Instead of blaming where the blame belonged to, he started blaming the same opportunities he got as a black man, the
affirmative action. The fact that his college admission was based on him being black, smart and qualified didn't register with him. The college admitted him because they wanted to include a well qualified black student. That is what affirmative action was meant for, to give a chance to those who made out of high school and are capable. Then later he was hired for the same reason by conservative AG in a conservative state as a lawyer, they wanted a black individual so their organization would look like America. On and On he milked being black and educated. At the same breath, he railed against affirmative action because of his wounded pride.

He is against everything that benefits a minority from Voting rights to Equal opportunities. to women managing their private life and determining how manuy kids they want to raise. . For his servile attitude, he gets to pal around and jet with his sponsors in style. He is so corrupt in all his court arguments it is unbelievable. He is the definition of seff-loathing human.

Last edited:
You aren’t even from here. We don’t intermingle with those people.

No.

We don’t hang with them irl.
Im from the Midwest and I'm not talking about second gen diasporans. More likely 3-4th gen when the Somali population starts declining and ajnabi marriages become more common

I don't think Somalis in America have a sustainable amount of recent migrants to continue existing as a seperate entity. Most are probably going to integrage within the Black community with a religious/upper middle class minority integrating with asiatic muslims

It would have happened and there would have been undeniable trajectory already since Somalis came as early as 1991 to America. Out of each thousand somali individuals, there is a handful among them, male and females, who end up with a nonsomali partner for meaningful companionship. So majority stick to their kind.

30 years on, The Nomads still are with other Nomads saxib. America allows communities to preserve their culture and thrive. America doesn't want to repeat past mistakes where nonwhite cultures are marked for elimination. Mosques are plenty, Minnapolis is putting an ordinance in place where the Athan can be heard outside the mosques. Somali malls, somali restaurants, Somali tutors, Somali engineers, Somali doctors, Somali lawyers, Somali business people, Dude, there is too much presence of Somalis for a somali individual to forget their roots.

Even the ones online who claim to have left Islam return to their Somali sanity later in life. It feels good to belong to a community like Somalis.

Im from the Midwest and I'm not talking about second gen diasporans. More likely 3-4th gen when the Somali population starts declining and ajnabi marriages become more common

We should start bringing wives and husbands then from back home. Thanks for the warning. LOL.

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?

Our people’s cultural values clashes with that culture for us to assimilate into it. The most they do is listen to the music or have an activist phase but they grow out of that eventually and reconnect with their own identity and history as they mature.

Me and @Dualke are talking about potentially 50 years from now remember there’s Somalis spread out across the different states

We’re too unique to assimilate into a foreign community with foreign cultural values. I can see us operating like Asians. We will create our own lane for ourselves. We are too community oriented to get swayed by another community.

If Somalis have to marry from other communities, then they ought to marry white, black and other muslims. At least that way, they are increasing populations of similar interest and outlook in life. Their supposed disapearnace then wouldn't be a loss.

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
Why are Somalis celebrating something like this affirmative action helped us too since we're considered black in the US

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?
It would have happened and there would have been undeniable trajectory already since Somalis came as early as 1991 to America. Out of each thousand somali individuals, there is a handful among them, male and females, who end up with a nonsomali partner for meaningful companionship. So majority stick to their kind.

30 years on, The Nomads still are with other Nomads saxib. America allows communities to preserve their culture and thrive. America doesn't want to repeat past mistakes where nonwhite cultures are marked for elimination. Mosques are plenty, Minnapolis is putting an ordinance in place where the Athan can be heard outside the mosques. Somali malls, somali restaurants, Somali tutors, Somali engineers, Somali doctors, Somali lawyers, Somali business people, Dude, there is too much presence of Somalis for a somali individual to forget their roots.

Even the ones online who claim to have left Islam return to their Somali sanity later in life. It feels good to belong to a community like Somalis.

Leaving Islam doesn’t mean I hate my own people. False equivalency.

I don’t mind Somalis staying close as long as we reinvest into our community. I just want our people to have good lives tbh. The more resources we create for each other, the more community oriented we are, the better. I like to think about the bigger picture. It’s not about my own feelings or life choices.

Last edited:

...j

What?
Why are Somalis celebrating something like this affirmative action helped us too since we're considered black in the US
No we're not?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Theyre coping cadaan nazi talking points dont mind them lol
How is wanting to give those that work hard their due a bad thing? Are you not Muslim??
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blacks did all you listed above pre-60 and it got them nowehere. The towns they built and businesses they owned were burnt to the ground because they weren't supposed to A: Build a city, B- Own businesses and succeed.

Then they joined the army in hopes of getting better treatment when they returned from America's emperialistic wars. They faced worst treatment upon return for having self pride and self-respect enough to want to be treated like their fellow enlisted white army friends. Guess what happened? They were denied the GI bill they were entitled to whereas their white military peers were given free lands to build upon, free access to college, free healthcare etc. African american servicemen were denied their due rights by the same government and society that shipped them to wars and used their sacrifice to bring victories. They were used as experimental subjects for viruses and unknown deseases so a cure can be found for their white society.

You and others on here benefitted from the suffering of African Americans. It is kinda ironic you speak ill of them collectively.
Save ur breath. These people love the cadaan propaganda that madows are lazy bums and everything happening to them is their fault. They dont care for the history.

...j

What?
Those that work hard??? Do u know what ur even talking about or what affirmative action is
Considering race/gender/sexuality/nationality as opposed to purely considering merit.. Colleges should select for top % of students as opposed to factoring "legacy" or race/gender/sexuality/nationality.

Considering race as opposed to purely considering merit.. Colleges should select for top % of students as opposed to factoring "legacy" or race.
The reason race is factored is because these colleges were made and built ONLY for white men. No other person with "merit" could enter these schools and it was legal throughout America. Affirmative action basically forced these colleges to open there doors to non white students. It was about ur race and not merit why this law passed and gave non whites like these asians a chance to enter these universities. Also, they will never get rid of 33% of legacy admins since they are mostly white students.

...j

What?
The reason race is factored is because these colleges were made and built ONLY for white men. No other person with "merit" could enter these schools and it was legal throughout America. Affirmative action basically forced these colleges to open there doors to non white students. It was about ur race and not merit why this law passed and gave non whites like these asians a chance to enter these universities. Also, they will never get rid of 33% of legacy admins since they are mostly white students.
Who cares about the reality of eight decades ago. Currently, if you have good grades, partake in school activities, take initiative in your community, study hard for the SATs, and have good essays: you will most likely get into any university you want. I don't care about "were", "was", or "could".. We live in the present.

Who cares about the reality of eight decades ago. Currently, if you have good grades, partake in school activities, take initiative in your community, study hard for the SATs, and have good essays: you will most likely get into any university you want. I don't care about "were", "was", or "could".. We live in the present.
Ooh. Im talking to a complete dumbass. My bad bye.