Who will be the next Somali president?

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Question. When are we putting this system behind us? When will the citizens have a chance to vote for local and national government? Cause to tax folk but deny them the right to kick you out of office is bullshit. How many more decades do we wait for 1m1v?

I wish people stopped taking large scale events and projects that involved thousands of Somalis, from politicians to construction workers and attribute it to one man, who ever that specific man may be. This was a team effort.

Farmaajo’s biggest mistake was definitely when he replaced Khayre for Roble. The real kicker is that the whole reason for his removal was that Khayre pushed for a selection-election, while Farmaajo wanted a 1 person 1 vote election, only to accept a selection process in the end. What was the point then of making a money-hungry freak like Roble PM? Such a political blunder of epic proportions, as prior to that the Farmaajo & Khayre government moved like a well-oiled machine reminiscent of the Aden Adde & Sharmarke government.

Khayre’s dismissal and Farmaajo’s refusal to bribe the parliamentarians cost him another 4 years, but I’m 100% sure based on his continuing presence in Somali politics that he will be back in 2026 because the way his administration prepared those soldiers in Eritrea, the accelerated exit of ATMIS with the STP, Beileh’s financial plans, and the military relationship with Turkey tells me that everybody in the previous government believed they had another 4 years to finish their projects.

My money is on Farmaajo coming back in 2026, and this time with considerable amounts of funds to tip the scale in his favour as there won’t be a 1 person 1 vote election, so the only way to win is to play dirty. I also think this will be a lot more ruthless version of Farmaajo based on Ethiopia’s recent aggression.

I agree that many of the things I mentioned above were the collective effort made by many but let’s be honest here, Stadium Mogadishu, the maritime case, the National theatre etc were all funded directly by Norway who we know only work with Khaire. Debt relief, again was a collective effort but the man who put in most of the effort is Khaire. Even hardcore Farmaajo loyalists agree that debt relief is Kheyre’s doings. The biometric military reform, the unification of revenue collection, the salary payment directly to employees accounts, setting up of Galmudug etc are Kheyre’s doings. The good thing Farmaajo did was that he let Kheyre do what he does best.

Last edited:
I want sharif to win and would like to see what he could do with a Somalia of today and not the one which was a TFG.

Deni
Kheyre (my other pick, a tuug who at least develops the nation. It’s a healthy trade off)
Farmaajo is maskax lac so he’s done. But he has higher chance of returning than HSM unless dictatorship occurs.

I’ve done some research and in order to win the presidency you have to have a majority vote in parliament . So you have to have the majority votes from 328 parliament members.

The 328 parliament members get elected by 14,025 elder clansmen from around the country.

Okay so can anyone tell me how they got to this 14,025 number ? and how is this number divided to each gobol ?

im just learning this shit right now lol

Question. When are we putting this system behind us? When will the citizens have a chance to vote for local and national government? Cause to tax folk but deny them the right to kick you out of office is bullshit. How many more decades do we wait for 1m1v?
There was a one man one vote committee ready for operation at the beginning of HSM term. He dismantled them. 💀

Totally forgot about him lol He’s been quiet these last couple of weeks but he was building up good rapport amongst the people . What about Ahmed Madoobe what are his chances lol?
Madobe is former shabaab, international community will never allow it. Allied to HSM, as long as HSM runs he'll never be a candidate.

Kheyre would probably get more Daarod votes than him. Marehan don't like him and Harti very much carry a dislike for him.

Madobe is former shabaab, international community will never allow it. Allied to HSM, as long as HSM runs he'll never be a candidate.

Kheyre would probably get more Daarod votes than him. Marehan don't like him and Harti very much carry a dislike for him.
Not to mention he can’t be tried if he stays as mamul goboleed president. No one can jail him for his crimes. So it’s best for him to not compromise that position.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
There was a one man one vote committee ready for operation at the beginning of HSM term. He dismantled them. 💀
Yeah that was when Farmaajo attempted to install it but it caused a big scene. Honestly I think if HSM was smart he'd reestablish the committee, he can add it to his list of "achievements" (work done by several ministers) along with the lifting of the arms embargo and debt relief.

cow

VIP
@Step a side

people view kheyre same as ulusow. Basically they are both from the same cloth. 2026 will be referendum on hutu.

Final will be between the supreme hutu leader ulusow vs an anti hutu leader who is darod.

Kheyre has zero chance to be the hutu leader, therefore zero chance of becoming president.

@Step a side

people view kheyre same as ulusow. Basically they are both from the same cloth. 2026 will be referendum on hutu.

Final will be between the supreme hutu leader ulusow vs an anti hutu leader who is darod.

Kheyre has zero chance to be the hutu leader, therefore zero chance of becoming president.

Yeah you definitely new to politics. I’m sorry but Hawiye vs Darood doesn’t exist when it comes to politics. It’s all about interests. Deni could have given his votes to Farmaajo as a fellow Darood during last election but that didn’t happen. Qanyare Afrax a fellow Murusade did the same back in 2004. He could have given his votes to a fellow Hawiye but instead gave it to AY in the finals which guaranteed him victory. I doubt Puntland and Jubaland will choose Farmaajo over Kheyre. It’s not in their interest to bring him back as Farmaajo will try cause havoc again in both Jubaland and Puntland. Somaliland is allied with Kheyre. The bulk of his votes came from the Dir/Isaaq block during last election and a bit from Faroole’s gang in Garoowe. The only difference now from my understanding is that Puntland as a whole won’t be prepping up another Abgaal anymore as HSM burned that bridge unfortunately. Their favourite Hawiye politician is Kheyre without a shadow of doubt. Non Hiiraab Hawiye like the various Gugundhabe clans, as well as Gaaljecel, Garre are always politically aligned with Murusade. Murusade represents them in cultural approval as the other face of the "Hawiye Coin" meel aan Murusade ku jirin uma dhowaadaan ba.

Farmaajo might get that Qatari money but he lacks friends to work with. No one is going to work with someone that tried to assassinate them. He is completely done for. Kheyre is winning this election with or without constitutional change. He has that Russian money as well as various connects accross the globe and shit loads of friends from Seylac to Ras Kiyambooni.

Safe your energy and see you in 2026 my MX friend :westbrookswag:

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
All useless scumbags, Somalia has no president or central power just Nomadic Tribal zealots and Fake government and a front for western bankers to exploit the people and resources.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
May the best candidate win, his/her qabiil shouldn’t matter :)

Bless you Jiron, whenever I think I am too positive and forward thinking when it comes to Somalia, you show me there is a higher dimension I have not yet attained.

0BDB2462-A22A-4A58-868F-937EFE6464B5.jpeg

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
How about electing someone who is qualified for the position , irrespective of their clan. Once’s that happens Somalia will move forward.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
How about electing someone who is qualified for the position , irrespective of their clan. Once’s that happens Somalia will move forward.
That's why we want 1m1v not some senile elders who are easily bribed and entrusted with the very important task of choosing a president.

NidarNidar

🛸Space🖖Dandy🛸
VIP
The IC is willing to work with Kheyre. They won’t work with anyone else unfortunately.

- Debt relief
- Arms embargo
- Build the army and helped pay their salaries as well as government departments via his international partners
- Build stadium mogadishu via his international partners
- Build national theatre
- funded the maritime case via his International partners.
- Has no ties with UAE/Qatar instead has ties with Norway/ Brussels and Russia

The list is endless! He is literally the only one qualified as he has graduated from 🇳🇴
Of course, they got rid of the guy who was tackling corruption, incompetent morons.